17.- I would stay forever, if you say don't go.

last night- key scenes I felt should be included. :

Conrad came out of the kitchen, as he had grabbed some water for Matilda, as he walked out, he saw his mom struggling to get up the stairs. his heart broke, as he wondered over to her, while she placed herself down on the stairs tiredly, " mom? " he asked, as he approached her, his eyes full of concern.

Susannah weakly chuckled up at him,

" big day today, huh? " he smiled , softly but sadly. " c'mon, let's get you upstairs . " he gently took his moms hand, and supported her back she she didn't fall, " no falling today. "

Susannah laughed lightly, " I'm not gonna fall. " she croaked.

———

As Belly swam, under the water, Jeremiah swam over to her, with a cheeky smile.

The two floated to the top of the water, " is this one of your solo night swims, or can I join? " he asked,

" you want to join? " Belly asked bewildered,

Jeremiah nodded, offering her a light smile. Now Conrad and Matilda were all okay, there was no point in scolding Belly forever.

" well sure. " Belly smiled,

As the two floated around, Jeremiah sighed, " oh Bells. "

" what? " Belly chuckled, confused.

" are you sad you broke up with Cam? " he asked her, looking at her intently,

" no, um, it was the right thing to do. " Belly nodded contently,

" and the Conrad thing..? " Jeremiah trailed off,

Belly shook her head, " it hurt, but it was my fault, I shouldn't of made the move, and uh, now I know him and me just wouldn't happen, I feel weirdly fine. "

Jeremiah stared at her for a moment, before chuckling,

" what? " Belly smiled, amused.

" nothing. " Jeremiah replied softly,

It was purely silent for a moment.

" everything. " he sighed,

The two got naturally closer,

" you're my best friend Bells. " Jeremiah told her boldly, looking at her face for a second, " but there are times I've wanted to be more. "

Belly looked shocked, as she stammered, going red, " really? uh- why didn't you say anything? "

Jeremiah sighed, " well, for you, you always only really saw Conrad, then this summer it was Cam- and I guess I was just waiting. "

Belly blushed, " for me? "

" yeah. " Jeremiah nodded, barely above a whisper. " do you think we could ever uh - "

Belly smiled adoringly, " yes, yes -"

The two took eachothers hands, before the pairs lips collided, as Jeremiah grabbed Bellys hips, as she straddles his waist.

____

The next day.

Matilda walked back into Conrad's room, a towel wrapped around her. she didn't realise Conrad was in his room, and she flushed red, " sorry -"

Conrad chuckled, respectfully turning his head away. Matilda quickly shoved on some random clothes, " I'm done. " she announced awkwardly.

Conrad jokingly removed his hands from his face, making Matilda smile. she narrowed her eyes, she could tell something was slightly wrong, ever since when he spoke to Susannah last night.