Chapter Fourteen: Charles

Baylee looked around

Baylee looked around. She was back in New Orleans, inside the Abattoir.

Getting out of her old bed she looked around me and saw her room the same way it was before she left. Walking out of her room she felt her bare feet touching something.

She was standing in blood.

Beginning to panic slightly she moved as quickly as possible downstairs and screamed. Samuel and Simon were grey and veiny with stakes in their hearts.

Backing away from their bodies she turns and finds Elijah and Finn's daggered bodies, Victoria's decapitated body, Keelin's heartless body, and Marcel's staked body.

"No." She whimpered, tears running down her face.

She had no get out of there, now running in the opposite direction a blood-curdling scream leaves her lips.

The Shepherd's were dead. Whoever killed them weren't gentle about it either.

"It's your fault, Roxanne. If you had just stayed, none of this would have happened. They would still be alive. Their bodies is on your hands." Hope taunted along with her other family members.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's all my fault." The burnet cried.

Charles was a light sleeper, but tonight he had a sense of needing to stay awake for some reason. He heard shifting in one of the bedroom and began to check on everyone.

Brian was okay. Valentina was fine as well. Finn was alright and Virginia was snoring.

Walking down towards Baylee's room he heard the shifting. He opened the door quietly and saw the girl tossing and turning in her sleep murmuring "It's all my fault. I'm sorry."

No sooner did Charles get closer to the burnet's bed, did the burnet shoot up with a loud gasp and tears running down her face. Without a second thought, Charles pulled Baylee into his arms.

"Shh, it's okay. You were just dreaming, darling." The man whispered as he pets the girl's head.

"It was so real. Don't let me go back there." Baylee cried as she held on to Charles with a death grip.

"You never have to go back there, my darling. You're stuck here, with us." Charles said as he squeezed the girl.

"Can you stay?" Baylee asked in a hesitant voice.

"Of course. Here, scooch over." Charles said and the girl moved over so the man could get into the bed.

Almost immediately Baylee curled into his side. Charles began to hum a song he used to sing to Brian and Valentina when they had a band dream.

As he continued to hum they both heard quite footsteps heading towards the room.

Looking up they saw the younger members of the house and the two giggled.

"Come on." Baylee said and they all piled into the bed.

Charles' heart had never been fuller, seeing all five of his kids together.

Charles noticed they were all practically sleeping again so he quietly crawled out of the bed and kissed their foreheads.

"Goodnight, my loves." Charles whispered.

"Goodnight, dad." They said back before fully falling asleep.

The smile on Charles' face could light up a Christmas tree.

Crawling back into bed with Winston who had woken up slightly he too saw the giant smile on his face.

"Are you alright." He asked his husband who nodded.

"We have five kids, Win. I feel like our family is complete." Charles confessed and Winston chuckled.

"I agree. Finding them was probably the best thing that ever happened." Winston agreed.

Soon all of the Shepherd's were asleep. Their bonds growing infinitely closer.