Chapter Two: As They Grew

Young Roxanne ⬇️

At first, the changes were slight

At first, the changes were slight. You would never really notice if you didn't really pay attention.

As the twins grew you could see who was clearly favored by a majority of their family. Hope as the firstborn was always praised while Roxanne was usually left behind

Her Uncle Elijah, Aunt Victoria along with Marcel and the twins had been there for the second-born Mikaelson heir. She was a very powerful witch that during times of extreme anger or sadness she could control the weather.

Victoria trained her and by the age of 7, she was extremely advanced in her magical studies. As much as Roxanne loved the attention he was receiving from some of her family. There were two people she wanted it from the most. Her mother and father.

Every chance she could, she tried to show them something that she had learned from her Aunt and Uncle they ignored her.

It broke the girl's heart because these are her parents. The were supposed to show her love, and they did show love, but only to Hope.

Roxanne as always envious of her sister. Mainly because she was showered with love from their parents.

When Keelin became a more frequent face at the compound she also took notice of how Klaus, Hayley, Rebekah, Kol, Davina, and Freya always paid more attention to the firstborn.

Keelin made sure to spend time with them youngest who always appreciated her company. The ones who watched over Roxanne noticed how intelligent he was and began to jot down every single thing he did.

They would later come to find out that their Dawn was a genius.

They all watched as Roxanne slowly built a wall around herself. She wasn't the bright, bubbly, happy little girl they had grown used to seeing, and it hurt them. A lot.

They were determined to bring their sweet little Dawn back. It took them quite a while. But they managed to get her back. They reassured her that they loved him and that was what mattered, but she still couldn't help but feel upset at the prospect of his other family members loving her.

For Mother's Day, she had decided she would give her mother and aunts something that would make them notice her.

On the morning of Mother's Day, she slipped into Hayley's bedroom and left a beautiful flower crown that she had made herself along with a card.

For his aunts, she made poems about them and painted them a portrait. It took her a month to paint the portrait.

For Davina and Keelin, she was quite nervous that they weren't going to like what she had gotten them.

Even though Keelin wasn't related to her by blood or marriage yet, Roxanne still saw her a family.

After delivering the gifts for her mother and aunts he entered Elijah and Victoria's room with almost a frightened look on his face.