Chapter Twelve: Finn

"Where am I?" The question was repeated after no one answered the oldest Original brother

"You're in Charlotte, North Carolina. My name is Baylee. Well Roxanne Baylee but I don't go by my first name anymore. I'm your niece." The brunette girl stepped forward with her hands in an 'I surrender' gesture as to not scare her uncle.

"My niece? That's not possible. We are abominations. We cannot have children." Finn stayed confused. He was looking at the girl who had just spoken and he had to admit, she did look like a Mikaelson.

"My biological father was the Original Hybrid. He was technically half living so he ended up getting my biological mother pregnant with my twin and I. I left them behind after they didn't care. Uncle Elijah asked me to bring you back." Baylee explained.

"Elijah? Of all people they were the one who asked to bring me back?" Finn echoed as if not believing it.

Baylee nodded rapidly and handed Finn a note. He found it taped inside the lid of the urn and it was written to Finn.

He looked at it confused for a moment before opening it up and reading it. He watched as his face portrayed a myriad of emotions before finally settling on what seemed to be understanding.

"Uncle Finn, this is my adoptive Aunt Virginia and my adoptive brother Brian. Everyone else is out right now, but they'll be home soon." Baylee introduced.

Finn finally looked at someone other than Baylee and he almost froze when he looked at Virginia. He never thought he would find someone after Sage but this goddess in front of him seemed to be his redemption.

Virginia's cheeks turned a light crimson after the Mikaelson man's eyes fell on her. She wasn't used to attracting attention. Charles was the one who usually received the attention from men.

Brian and Baylee shared almost identical smirks, if you didn't know any better they would look like twins. They could see the two were smitten. Anyone could really.

"It is a pleasure to meet you mid lady." Finn said as he kissed Virginia's hand.

Brian and Brian snorted quietly but were still heard the two vampires.

"And of course you as well young man." Finn greeted Brian, who gave him a smile in response.

"Hey Bri. Let's give them some space. Baylee really wants to spend some time with you to get to know you better so we're gonna go. Don't worry just say our names if you need us." Ginny said as she and Brian scampered from the room.

Baylee approached her uncle nervously while he looked just as nervous. "I don't bite. Especially not my niece." Finn said and
Baylee snorted in response.

"Well that's nice to know. I'm sorry that this is being sprung on you." The brunette apologized as she sat next to him on the couch.

"You don't have to apologize. My youngest brother has explained everything for once. I'm impressed that you were able to complete a resurrection spell. Those are quite complex." Finn reassured and then praised.

"Well Aunt Ginny and Brian helped out. I don't think I would have been able to do it without them." The brunette admitted softly.

"From what Elijah said in his letter you are quite intelligent so I don't doubt that you were a majority of the reason that I'm back. Of course help is always good. It takes a big person to admit they need help." Finn told her.

"Is there anything you would like to do?" Baylee asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I'd like to maybe shower and change out of these clothes. I fear that I smell." The man joked which made his niece start laughing.

"Yeah! Of course, I'll show you where the bathroom is." The tribrid said and showed her uncle where the shower was and brought him a spare change of clothes that he stole from Samuel's closet knowing he wouldn't mind.

While Finn was in the shower the rest of the family arrived home.

They noticed how nervous Baylee was and tried their best to calm her down.

When Finn walked back downstairs after his shower he was introduced to the rest of the family.

It felt strange for him to be welcomed into a family when he felt he was barely welcome in his own family.

He observed his recently discovered niece and saw how she almost fit perfectly with the Shepherd's. Reading the letter that Elijah had left him earlier had made him feel disgusted with his siblings. This was a child. He deserved to be loved by the rest of the family but was instead brushed aside. In that moment he was never more grateful for Elijah.

He was shaken out of his thoughts when he heard the loud laugh of his niece, she was flipping upside down and being hit on the back by the twins who said it was a cure for the hiccups. Finn laughed with everyone else and realized, he was right when he should be, even if he is a vampire.