Chapter Sixteen: Redeeming the Sociopath

They did it

They did it. The finally managed to track it down. Charles and Virginia were adamant about finding the ascendant that held one of their last descendants.

They knew that Kai Parker had done a lot of wrong things, they emphasized with him because of how they were treated in the Gemini Coven centuries ago.

It took a lot of convincing to get Alaric and Caroline to give the sisters the ascendant, but they knew that Gemini matters should be handled with members or in this case former members of the coven. If anything they were grateful to Sarah and Kevin because now they didn't have to worry about Lizzie and Josie finding the ascendant and they could keep him away from the twins.

"Are you sure?" Baylee asked her dad for the millionth time.

"Yes. I'm 100 percent sure. Aunt Ginny and I will be fine. We need you, Virginia, and Brian to maintain the spell." Charles soothed his youngest.

"Please be careful dad. I can't lose you." Baylee pleaded eyes watering slightly.

Charles sighed and pulled the brunette into a hug.

"I promise we'll be fine. We'll be back soon with Kai." Charles reassured.

Baylee nodded and joined hands with Brian and Valentina.

Charles and Virginia stood in front of the ascendant and dropped the Bennett blood onto the ascendant.

Valentina looked outside and saw the full moon shining brightly signifying it was time to begin the spell.

Winston was standing back along with Samuel, Simon, and Finn. They didn't want to cause a disruption to the spell.

"Sangiema Mean Er Nos Mundo Carcerema. Sangiema Mean Er Nos Mundo Carcerema." The three chanted and in the blink of an eye, Charles and Virginia were gone.

In the 2018 Prison World

Charles and Virginia immediately used a locator spell to find Kai. He was in a karaoke bar that Bonnie had left him all those years ago.

Arriving at the bar they saw their desiccant fourth or fifth great-nephew. Immediately feeding him some blood they waited for him to regain consciousness.

"Who the hell are you?" Kai asked the moment he fully woke up.

"My name is Charles, this is my sister Virginia. We're here to bring you home." Charles introduced.

"I don't have a home. I'm an abomination if you haven't heard." Kai denied immediately.

"We're your, ancestors. We're Siphoners just like you Kai, and so are Charles' kids. We're giving you something that you should have been given. A chance." Virginia explained.

Kai pondered his words, did they really care about him. I mean they obviously did since the entered the prison world with the intention of freeing him. He was being offered a chance. Something that no one had ever given him before.

Everyone assumed that Kai was an abomination because he was a siphoner. It wasn't fair to him, it wasn't his fault that he couldn't produce his own magic.

"If you are my ancestors why have I never heard of you before?" Kai asked curiously as the man and woman began to release him from his chains.

"Because we were erased the history books. They didn't want anyone to know we were Siphoners." Charles explained as they undid the last chain.

"And you have kids? How? Last I checked we were vamps." Kai wondered, extremely confused.

"We're hybrids, Kai. Technically as witches, we're still living and therefore able to reproduce. My husband and I adopted two kids. One vampire and tribrid." Charles patiently responded.

"A tribrid?" Kai echoed. When he was alive he had heard two hybrid children.

"Yes. Baylee is a vampire, werewolf, and warlock. She's the son of Klaus Mikaelson." Kevin revealed.

Kai paled slightly, he had known of the Originals when he briefly in Mystic Falls and fact that his ancestors willingly took in his child automatically gave them bravery points in his books.

"When we leave here, don't bring up his biological family, it's a soft spot for her." Charles pleaded.

Kai, seeing the look on his ancestor's faces made him decide to keep his mouth shut on this.

"Are you really?" Kevin asked after they sped to the spot where they would be removed from.

"I've been ready for this." Kai responded and then felt as if he was being sucked through a very small tube.

Back at the Shepherd's

"They just got back to the meeting with Kai." Valentina said.

"Ready?" Brian ask as he gripped his sister's hands tighter.

"Ready." The two confirmed.

"Sangiema Mean Er Nos Mundo Carcerema. Sangiema Mean Er Nos Mundo Carcerema. Sangiema Mean Er Nos Mundo Carcerema." They chanted and Charles, Virginia, Kai were in the living room.

Kai at the moment had never been more grateful for family. Even though he had a hard time processing emotions, he knew that he was lucky that they were giving him a chance.

He was soon introduced to the rest of the family and he had to admit that he found this group of people interesting.

He immediately knew who the tribrid was because he could feel the power radiating off of him. What his ancestors had told him about the girl, he could see that he really was quite shy and he could almost feel the pain that she had previously felt.

This was a child, she didn't deserve it, he didn't deserve it either. For the first time, the sociopath was able to properly feel. He felt protectress for this small blonde boy by the name of Baylee Sherpa, formerly Roxanne Baylee Mikaelson.