Chapter Six: The Letters

Aunt Davina and Uncle Kol,

I wrote this letter, and every letter here personally and made them all different. My reason being that you each stir a different feeling of sadness or anger in my heart.

As a child, I idolized you two. I idolized the way you would carry yourself with an air of confidence but could still be somewhat humble.

There were days where I longed for you to read to me, just like you did with Hope. As I grew older, I realized that these were childish fantasies as you two would never love me or care for me as Hope.

Now that I am gone, I feel that the weight of me wanting you to show me a sliver of attention has vanished.

I hope you guys have a good eternity. Maybe sometime in the very far future, we can reconnect but at this point. I am cutting you out of my life. It is better for my psyche and self-esteem.

Best Wishes,

Roxanne Baylee Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Aunt Freya,

This letter is different from the ones that everyone received. Mainly because each of you made me feel a different type of either sadness or anger.

I was looking forward to getting to learn magic from you but alas it was not to be. I understand that as a first born Mikaelson you carried an uncontrollable amount of magic and so did my sister, but my magic was also out of control. I wanted you to give me a chance and to teach me control but Hope was more important and I understand that.

Don't try to look for me. I'm cloaked with a spell I wrote myself. I am going to be impossible to find. Enjoy the rest of your life Freya, I know you are no longer an immortal so enjoy human moments you have, especially with Keelin.

Best wishes,

Roxanne Baylee Mikaelson

————————————————————————

Aunt Rebekah,

Instead of writing one large letter, I felt that individual letters would be more appropriate.

I heard that stories as a child, how you always wanted a loving family, and children of your own. I know I'm not your son but you had a large chance of making a huge impact on my life as my aunt.

I looked forward to the future of you and I shopping together or you and I just doing something together. Unfortunately, you and I never did any of those things...but you did them with my sister.