Chapter Five: The Escape

Roxanne Baylee Mikaelson was going to leave New Orleans

She was quite nervous if she was being honest. I mean if something went wrong and Samuel and Simon were caught sneaking m her out of the city. They would be killed by her 'family.'

She was also really happy to be getting away from the place that caused her so much pain.

The only thing she would miss about New Orleans was her real family. She knew that she would probably never see them again.

The unnoticeable extension spell worked like a charm and the brunette Mikaelson was able to pack all of her stuff into two suitcases and a backpack.

The rest of the Mikaelson's were out of the Abattoir so it gave her time to pack and to write the letters she would leave behind.

She was leaving a letter behind for everyone including those who cared for her.

Once she finished those, the youngest Mikaelson took a look around her now empty bedroom and sighed.

"Goodbye room." She muttered and left the letter on her mattress.

Walking down the stairs of the Abattoir for the last time felt strange to Roxanne. On one hand she was happy that she was getting away from those who didn't care about her but in the other hand she knew she would miss those who care.

In what seemed like hours but in reality was only minutes. She reached the alley where she would say goodbye.

Samuel and Simon loaded her stuff into the car which was also filled with their stuff and got in, they had already said their goodbyes and wanted to give the brunette a bit of privacy.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for this." Roxanne admitted with tears already filling her eyes. "I'm not really to say goodbye to you."

The only blood Mikaelson pulled niece into his arms and cried while her. He were devastated that she was leaving but knew this would be the best thing for her.

"You listen to me. It's not saying goodbye. We'll see each other again soon. I promise. Do you think we can go an eternity without seeing our little Dawn? No, we will see you at some point soon. We love you so much darling." Elijah said as he hugged her tighter. She had a death grip on him.

"Your Uncle is right. We love you so much. You make us so proud." Victoria said as the girl came into a hug with the witch.

Roxanne looked at Keelin who was giving her a sad smile and pulled her close. "Victoria's right. You make us proud. Every. Single. Day." The wolf whispered and squeezed the brunette.

Looking at Marcel, she could see how upset he really was. He didn't want to say goodbye to the boys he adopted all those years ago, and he most definitely didn't want to say goodbye to his sister.

"Thank you, for being the best big brother in the world. And for always looking out for me." Roxanne cried as she hugged Marcel.

He hugged her so tight, that dhe thought he was going to burst.

"Hey. You're my little sister. My family. I'll always look out for you. Just make sure to keep these idiots in line." He also cried but whispered the last part in a conspirator type tone that made the girl laugh.

"When you drive out of the alley out of the sight, the spell we did earlier will kick in. We won't know where you go. It will go behind a red door only we can get into. Contact us soon okay?" Victoria said, listening the final part of the plan.

They figured that if anyone would come looking for Roxanne and the twins, they would go to them so they agreed to have it locked behind a red door.

"I have something for you. These are your uncles's ashes. Since I can't be there, I figured that you need a Mikaelson there." Elijah said to his niece with a hidden meaning that she immediately caught onto.

The brunette was handed the urn containing his Uncle Finn with whom she was given the task to resurrect.

"I'll text you soon. And I'll call. And we can FaceTime." Roxanne rambled which made the four adults laugh.

"Spend time being sixteen. We'll always be here. Just let us know when anything important happens. Take a picture of it or create a new dress. Design clothes, you're an amazing designer, don't give up on it." Victoria told her and handed the girl a sketchbook.

They could hear the distance voices of the Mikaelson's coming close so they had to leave. "I love you all. To the moon and back." The youngest Mikaelson said as he climbed into the car with tears running down her face.

"Your ready Rocky?" Simon asked as he started the car. When the girl nodded, he started driving out of the alleyway. She looked back at those she was leaving behind until she he could no longer see them.

As they drove the Mikaelson's she quickly muttered "invisique." The car became invisible to everyone until they passed by safely.

A minute later the three best friends drove by the sign that read 'Now Leaving New Orleans' a breath escaped Roxanne.

"Welcome to the start of our new lives." Roxanne muttered with a small smile gracing his lips.

"Go ahead and settle in back. You need to sleep." Samuel said and Roxanne did as she was told.

She cradled his Uncle's ashes to her chest and fell into a sleep full of dreams of how to resurrect him.

Little did they know, they would find someplace to call home, and new people to call family.