Holiday plans

"Say, Wonu, what are you doing for the holidays?" Mingyu asks, as he and Wonwoo walk inside the living room, securely closing the balcony door.

Wonwoo thinks about it for a few seconds, and his face brightens immediately. "I think I could go visit Mum and Dad for Christmas, they'll be happy."

"Hm, even I was thinking of staying over at Dad's for a few days,"

"I think we should go together. Would he mind if I stayed over too?"

Mingyu breaks into a wide smile, featuring his canines. "No, in fact he'd love it! You haven't met him for so long anyway," Wonwoo smiles back with a nod. "Sure, let's do just that."

Wonwoo is the first one to hit the bed, as he switches the lamp off, and lovingly caresses Jieun's back. He picks her up and places her on his chest, laying on his back while repeatedly caressing her back as he himself tries to fall asleep. She sneezes a bit, making him and Mingyu - who just walked into the shared bedroom - chuckle. Mingyu kisses Jieun's head ever-so-softly before landing in a heap on his bed.

"Thank you for today, Gyu," Wonwoo whispers on the verge of falling into slumber. He hears a playful scoff from Mingyu, and he finally falls asleep.

"Mingyu you little shit, you have class in the morning, get up." Wonwoo repeatedly shakes said boy, who shows zero signs of responding to the nagging and shaking anytime soon. Jieun is in Wonwoo's arms which props her into a stable position, as she peers at Mingyu curiously, probably wondering the same thing as her dad.

"Why doesn't this guy wake up?" Wonwoo mutters to himself. finally giving up, Wonwoo yells one last time. "I'm not letting Jieun stay with you this evening then," and he moves out the room. He smiles, pleased, to himself when Mingyu groans from inside the bedroom, whilst he's in the kitchen making breakfast.

Eggs and toast was the most he could manage, along with precisely one serving of instant ramen. Cooking ingredients had an apparent grudge against him since the day he stepped foot into a kitchen for the first time. Toasting a slice of bread was too much of a herculean task as well, with Wonwoo paranoidly flipping it to check whether it was burnt or not.

"You wouldn't do that," Mingyu yawns, hair an absolute mess atop his very high head, stepping into the kitchen.

"Hm?"

"You can't keep Jieun anywhere else."

"Oh I know, I said that because you'd feel threatened, and it worked."

"I hate you."

"Thanks,"

Jieun giggles at the sight of a funny-looking Mingyu trying to get through his breakfast, trying to not let his face fall into the gracious array of scrambled eggs and surprisingly well-toasted bread. She makes grabby hands towards him, and Wonwoo lets Mingyu take her. He smiles at the sight in front of him.

Mingyu's peering lovingly into Jieun's eyes, who's busy squishing his cheeks between her chubby hands, contorting his mouth in ridiculous shapes. "Good morning, Ji," Mingyu says softly. Jieun, who doesn't comprehend anything other than Mingyu's voice, returns the greeting with a high-pitched squeal, still not leaving Mingyu's cheeks alone.

"I'll be back after a shower, Gyu," Wonwoo pats Mingyu's back, as he heads to the bathroom to freshen up.