Christmas presents

Wonwoo, in fact, doesn't reach the mall 'in a few'. He takes a while to get Jieun ready, and wash up himself, and by the time he's out the house, it's been more than two hours since he texted Mingyu. Wonwoo shouts a quick goodbye to his parents, and Bohyuk - if the boy was even awake - and leaves the house.

He runs into a problem the moment he's buckled up in the car - Jieun. How the fuck is he supposed to go with her?

And so he gets out of the car, runs back to the house, and aggressively rings the doorbell multiple times. Urgent footsteps approach the door, and Mr. Jeon's silhouette is seen opening the door from outside. "Wonwoo! What's wrong?"

"Can you please drop me to the mall I mentioned? The car, obviously, doesn't have a kiddie seat." He pants, winded from the not-so-intense sprint from the car. Wonwoo hasn't ever given two shits to sports throughout his school years.

"Gods, Wonwoo, you scared me." Mr. Jeon clutches his chest, and signals the younger boy to follow him to the garage. Mr. Jeon grabs his own car keys, and once Wonwoo and Jieun are properly seated, he begins driving.

Wonwoo's phone has been blowing up with texts from Mingyu since an hour, but the older boy doesn't dare check them, without having a plausible reply to type back. He knows Mingyu won't be mad for being late, just disappointed. And that heart-stopping pout Wonwoo's sure Mingyu would do, which makes him melt every time he sees it.

He reaches the mall around fifteen minutes later, as Wonwoo hurriedly gets off, thanks his dad, and re-checks whether Jieun is properly holding onto his hand. Wonwoo thinks it's best if she starts walking in different areas a bit more often now.

He finally opens the flood of Mingyu's texts, each asking and pestering him to mention when he's reaching.

Mingyu:

wonu where r u

Mingyu:

r u sure u arent tricking me or sth

Mingyu:

WONWOO WHERE TF R U

Mingyu:

...

Yeah you get the idea of what Wonwoo scrolls through, each text precisely fifteen minutes apart. He quickly types in a text, asking Mingyu where he is. He gets a reply instantly.

Mingyu:

near the christmas tree

Wonwoo:

im coming

im here where r u

Mingyu:

im wearing red and white

Wonwoo:

i see a guy wearing that

Mingyu's blood freezes. He hopes Wonwoo notices it's definitely not him. Surely, Wonwoo isn't that unobservant.

Wonwoo:

but thats not u

hes rly short

Mingyu:

thank the gods uk im tall ;)

Wonwoo:

NOWS NOT THE TIME I LITERALLY FREAKED OUT BC I WAS LATE

WHERE R U

Mingyu:

i told u where i am

Wonwoo: