Monsters

Mingyu shifts in his sleep. Something feels different. He's sure he's asleep, but it doesn't feel the same. He cracks one eye open, just to be sure.

Yeah, nothing seems off. He remembers falling asleep on the couch last night, while Wonwoo was away talking to someone on the phone. Maybe he didn't want to disturb Mingyu from his slumber. Mingyu sighs, and goes back to sleep. Or rather, he tries. He tosses and turns around on the couch, until he hears Wonwoo come out of the room with the house keys jingling in his hand. "Won?" Mingyu asks.

"I'm going out just for a while, I'll be back soon," Wonwoo answers, as Mingyu nods and dives back inside his blanket.

Mingyu doesn't even know what time it is, since his phone is somewhere in the room. Eventually, he does end up falling asleep. But not for long.

A deafening crash from outside the window, probably on the road, jerks Mingyu awake. There's another noise, urgent honking to be precise, and Mingyu finds himself suddenly standing on the sidewalk, all alone as he looks at the scene in front of him in horror.

It's the same car from that day, a dark blue and its headlights glowing menacingly in the fading darkness of dawn. The most terrifying part of the whole scenario is that there's another Mingyu, in the same exact clothes he wore that day, sitting in the driver's seat of the car, instead of the actual person who'd been driving. But Car Mingyu is crying, and he speeds away, not caring about the commotion he caused.

Street Mingyu screams something undecipherable, and Mingyu wakes up in cold sweat.

"BABY!" Mingyu urgently shoves his blanket away, and runs to the room. The throws the door open, and his heartbeat accelerates when he sees no sign of Wonwoo in the bedroom. Mingyu gasps for breaths, clutching his chest as he grips the doorknob with his other hand to prevent tumbling.

An additional sound, different from Mingyu's ragged breathing, approaches nearer to the room. Mingyu looks around, although his tears blur everything, and his eyes land on a shirtless figure standing frozen in the doorway.

Wonwoo. Mingyu leaves the doorknob, and traps Wonwoo desperately between himself and the wall. Mingyu, as a coping response, presses himself harder against Wonwoo - who's so utterly confused and worried - and kisses him so aggressively, hot tears running down his cheeks, Wonwoo thinks he's going to end up with bruised lips once he realises.

Wonwoo has no fucking idea of what's going on, but he can't even bring himself to push Mingyu away, especially when he looks so troubled and out of it. Wonwoo taps the back of Mingyu head, which now trails down to his neck to press wet kisses on it, in hopes he stops whatever he's doing and understands the situation.

But no. No matter how hard he tries, Mingyu doesn't seem to register anything. He claws onto Wonwoo's back, now moving on to his shoulder, as he leaves warm, sloppy licks and kisses everywhere he can find purchase.

It finally occurs to Wonwoo that he can use his words too. And so he does. He yells Mingyu's name.

Mingyu immediately stops whatever he's doing, and looks up at Wonwoo - who's absolutely clueless as to why Mingyu's behaving this way.

Mingyu, poor Mingyu, looks so desperate and traumatised as he deliriously stares at Wonwoo. The latter leans down and kisses him lovingly, and that's when he feels Mingyu relax. "I'm here, Gyu, I'm right here." He whispers once he pulls away.

Mingyu isn't looking at him anymore, he hides his face in Wonwoo's bare chest, as he whimpers like a lost puppy and refuses to let go of Wonwoo.

Wonwoo leads him to the bed, hoping to sit down and ask Mingyu what happened. But Mingyu insists with a shake of his head that they lie down. "If that's what you want," Wonwoo assures, and Mingyu swiftly pulls Wonwoo's back towards his chest and spoons him tightly.