Epilogue: Stupid in Love

Stupid in Love - Max (ft. Huh Yunjin)

(Play the song on loop, I don't care how long the chapter is - it just fits the whole idea so perfectly)

Time flies, they say, when you're having fun.

But for Jeon Wonwoo, our protagonist, he wouldn't say he has 'fun'. He'd rather say he's extremely content with his life right now and there's absolutely nothing he would change in his life.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

It's been a bit over a year since the last time we saw these guys; Jieun's five, turning six in a few months, and she's joined school already. And following in her Daddy's footsteps, she excels at everything she does — be it in extracurriculars and academics, or just bringing delightful chaos into the happy couple's life.

As for Wonwoo? He's a hardworking intelligence analyst in one of South Korea's most recognised companies, the company nearly having begged Wonwoo to join just two months earlier. Remember Jeonghan? The ever-helpful, brother-like Seungcheol's boyfriend? Turns out the company is owned by his parents, and that makes Wonwoo's work life a lot more easier, with Jeonghan by his side.

Needless to say, Jeonghan and Wonwoo are practically besties now, as they spend their rare occasions of being off work together gossiping about their wonderful boyfriends.

What about Mingyu? Well, he's doing great too! Being the computer-geek he is, he works at a respectable post in a well-known software company. Although he keeps getting offered to move abroad several times, he keeps putting it off just for Jieun and Wonwoo. But he does change his mind a while later, having something spectacular in his mind. Right now's the perfect time for Mingyu to execute his plan.

"Gyu!"

Wonwoo returns after a pretty ordinary work day, only to find the house empty. Huh, that's strange. Mingyu's always at home by the time Wonwoo arrives. He knew Jieun was out at a classmate's birthday party.

Shrugging it off, Wonwoo places his backpack near the foot of the bed, in the much-cleaner room. Most of their university stuff is gone, for obvious reasons, and the bedroom looks so much more spacious now. Wonwoo fails to understand how him and Mingyu even survived in the pigsty this room had been at a point.

Wonwoo snorts, reminiscing how life was that time. It feels like it was so long ago, how much of a rollercoaster his last year at university had been.

As Wonwoo changes into something comfortable, his gaze flickers towards a few documents lying unattended on Mingyu's bed. Must be some of Mingyu's work stuff.

Wonwoo enters the silent kitchen to get a glass of water, and contemplate about dinner. As he fills his glass, a note stands out in plain sight near the drying rack. And Wonwoo could easily recognise Mingyu's ugly scribble spread on the tiny piece of paper.

Wonwoo picks it up.

Hey Baby!

Thought of taking you out to dinner tonight! Can you be there at XX Hotel by 8?

That's strange. Why couldn't have Mingyu simply dropped him a text? Not that Wonwoo minds, he likes it when Mingyu pulls cute stunts like this.