Soft

Mingyu returns that evening, a wild kind of happy glint in his eyes. He dumps his satchel on the couch and runs to the room to find Wonwoo spacing out on his bed. Without warning, Mingyu jumps on top of him, giving him a hug as he squeals tinnily.

Wonwoo breaks out of his trance and looks at a giggly Mingyu staring up at him. "Someone looks happy," Wonwoo smiles, running his fingers through his boyfriend's fluffy hair. "I am." Mingyu mumbles.

"Did it go well?"

"Wonderful! I'm so proud of myself!"

"I am too," Wonwoo gives him a kiss on the forehead. "What about that old code?"

"It's still there, just in case."

"That's good."

"I'm hungry~" Mingyu whines after a while, as he nearly fell asleep because of Wonwoo's soothing hands in his hair. "I want takeout." He demands.

"Takeout it is." Wonwoo ushers him to get off and take a shower. "You stink, Gyu, go take a shower."

"I wanted hugs,"

Gods, Wonwoo can't ever resist that pout. He quickly fulfils the younger's simple wish, and pushes him towards the bathroom. He gets his phone from the couch and orders quickly, waiting until Mingyu gets freshened up.

"What's for dinner?" Mingyu asks as he emerges from the steam-infused bathroom, drying his hair and clad in an adorable pink sweatshirt and black shorts. He looks weirdly buff right now, to which Wonwoo tries hard not to blush.

"Japanese. That okay?"

"Yeah." "How was your interview?" Mingyu asks.

Wonwoo's eyes lighten up as Mingyu mentions. Needless to say, Wonwoo had it well too. "I think these years of working my ass off really paid of well." He grins.

"I'm so proud of you,"

Wonwoo blushes, looking down at his feet. He doesn't know why, but he feels weirdly like crying when Mingyu wordlessly comes near him and hugs him tight. And he stays that way for a long time, silently, as none of them speak. Wonwoo gulps, swallowing the sob threatening to leave his throat.

Mingyu feels Wonwoo stiffen the tiniest bit in his grip, causing him to lean backwards and take a good look at his boyfriend's face. "Baby? What's wrong?"

Wonwoo sniffles. "I-I don't know..." He mumbles, refusing to look at Mingyu at all. "Won? Are you sure?"

Wonwoo nods in Mingyu's neck, as he bites his lip.

Mingyu thinks he knows what's up. He smiles down at Wonwoo, and cradles his head tighter. "It's okay, I'm just giving you a hug,"

"Yeah."

"Oh Wonwoo..." Mingyu tips Wonwoo's face upwards, and leans in to place a soft kiss on his lips. He bumps his nose with Wonwoo's, as fond eyes stare at him. Wonwoo closes his eyes, tightening his arms around Mingyu's neck, and rests his head on the boy's shoulder.

"It's just, I don't know, everything's so nice, it makes me cry." Wonwoo finally speaks after a while. He's not ready to let go of Mingyu just yet.

"BABY!" Mingyu yells from the living room, staring giddily at his laptop screen.

Three weeks later, Mingyu excitedly waited for a mail from his interviewers. And yes, he got accepted as an intern in a quite well-known company. Mingyu couldn't be happier.

Although his interviewers had been a bit sceptical about Mingyu's transparency throughout the interrogation, he'd gotten in pretty easily. Nothing too complex, but it would do good enough for now. And Mingyu, of course, had already decided he'd save up a major portion of his pay for his future plans, which he's honestly quite excited for.

"What?" Wonwoo runs in. He looks panicked.

Mingyu doesn't say anything. Instead, his wide grin says it all, as Wonwoo shrieks and pounces on Mingyu. "I'm," Wonwoo pecks his lips. "So," Again. "Proud," Again.

Yeah, you get the idea.

"We need to celebrate." Wonwoo declares after kissing the hell out of his boyfriend. "There's no need, honestly, I'd rather kiss you for the whole day, that would be better than anything else," Mingyu says, not a trace of lies in his words. And he would, totally, kiss his boyfriend into oblivion.