Returns and Losses.

Rhaenyra was now fourteen namedays old. Shaera thought time had gone too fast watching her nieve grow up to become a fierce young lady. Aemma was pregnant again, her older sister was worried for her wellbeing. Shaera respected Viserys but his incessant need for a son made her fury grow; how could he be so oblivious to the pain and suffering Aemma endured every time she lost a babe. Aemma had named every child, her soul shattered slowly with every baby she lost and every time she learned of another pregnancy. Shaera knew that if Viserys kept badgering for his heir that Aemma would not survive, she could not bare to lose her little sister the way they lost their mother. She felt Aemma should live a long and prosperous life with her daughter and husband, Shaera believed Aemma to possess the kindest heart and truest of nature's, the peoples queen.

~
Daemon's return was met with Rhaenyra. He sat on the cold throne looking across the empty room until Rhaenyra walked in with Ser Harold.

"God's be good", the Knight stated as he closed the door.

(High Valyrian in bold and italics).
"What are you doing uncle?",

"Sitting".

"Why are you back, I thought court did not suit to your liking",

"There is tourney being held in my honour".

"The tourney is for the heir",

"Which I am until your mother delivers a son".

"Then I shall hope for a brother".

"I brought you something".

Daemon showed Rhaenyra the necklace, its ruby glistened in the sunlight peaking through. She grasped it on her hands.

"Do you know what it is?",

"Valyrian steel, like Dark sister".

He pulled it from her grasp before telling her to turn around. Rhaenyra held her hair as he clasped the necklace around her neck. She could feel his warm breath against her neck. Although Rhaenyra was not oblivious to the hungry, lingering looks Daemon gave to Shaera; she still craved his attention.

"Beautiful".

Daemon felt no shame in flirting with Rhaenyra, he found himself enjoying toying with her crush on him. Rhaenyra left to show Aemma her necklace as Daemon left the throne room. He walked outside to find Shaera admiring the Dragonsbreathe that grew no matter the weather as long as a Targaryen inhabited the lands.

"I thought I'd find you here",

"Daemon". Shaera stood to greet him. Her pale blue dress swished as she walked to him.

"I have missed you my flame",

"And I you my prince".