Grave Mistake

"Clear the room", Rhaenyra spoke. When the Lords had left the room, she embraced her aunt before pulling away and turning serious once more.

"It was reckless of you to stay in their presence longer than you should have",

"I had to help Rhaenys and you of all people know of recklessness or have you forgotten your youth. Nyra, the greens crowned Aegon and they will not stop until we are dead", Shaera answered.

"I know of the seriousness of my duty now, for all they have cost me they will pay".

"Then no more waiting, we must send ravens to our allies and rally them against the greens",

"Yes. Speaking of allies, what of house Velaryon? The fleet is vital, has Rhaenys told you of anything on Lord Corlys' standing".

"He sails for Dragonstone. Rhaenys went to Driftmark to ensure Baela and Rhaena's safety but they will all meet here to swear obeisance to their queen",

"Very well. Send the Lords back in, we must further our plans".

~
Whilst discussing the strategy, Shaera thought of the future. She knew Daemon wanted to kill the greens and get the war over with but Rhaenyra had temperance, she would not rule in a kingdom of slaughtered souls.
~
"Lord Corlys, we were glad to hear of your better condition. What is your standing?",

"The Velaryon fleet will support your cause your grace. Though what do you propose to do if you do not have other allies?".

"I have allies, the houses sword oaths to me when my father named me heir",

"As did house Hightower, if I remember correctly. Oaths can be broken".

"As did you Lord Corlys",

"Any traitors will be dealt with accordingly", Shaera intervened.

~
Harwin stood behind Rhaenyra as he listened to Jace speak. He felt an unimpeachable pride for his eldest son, Jace reminded him of Rhaenyra in her youth. Lucerys reminded Shaera of Aemma. Joffrey was for Laenor, a memory of his fallen love lived on his son. Viserys and Lyonel were so much like their namesakes despite their young age. The ache in his heart for the babe who would have been their daughter, little Shiera; named after Rhaenyra's beloved aunt.

"Send us. You must demonstrate power and dragons can fly faster than ravens",

"Very well. The prince's will go meet with other houses".

"We shall do the same", Alyssa spoke up.

"Tis better to go with company than by oneself, a sign of unity in a time of unrest", Shaera proclaimed.

~
Jacaerys, Alyssa, Aemma, Baelon and Lucerys were stood ready to go meet with Lords of the realm.

"You must swear not to take part in any fighting, you go as messengers not warriors",

"Yes my queen".

"Hurry back, all of you", Shaera added before going back inside. She went to her chambers to find Daemon pacing.

"What is the matter?",

"What is the matter? What is the fucking matter! We could have every green head mounted on a stick or their bodied burned to ash if you had just-".

"I had what? If I had burned them all at the coronation. Destroying the dragonpit would help nobody, Rhaenyra wants to rule the kingdoms not slaughter everyone in them",

"My flame, you must understand that if we do not kill the greens then they will kill us".

"I know that. Gods what I would give to be the one to take Otto Hightower's head or to watch you do it, you with your sword is a sight to behold",

"There is a waging war and you are thinking of me?", he boasted.

"How could I not? You are the most handsome man I have ever seen, you are a god to me".

The slight smirk on his face told her he was up to something before he gently pushed her against the wall behind them. Daemon held her hands in place with his own, his body pressed against hers as they kissed each other breathless. Shaera's arms wrapped around his back as he carressed her waist. Daemon's tongue attacked hers, a fight for dominance which she allowed him to win before he pulled away. He chuckled at her disappointment face.

"Now, now my flame. Flattery only works when I am not frustrated by your actions",

"Oh please, your actions over the years have been beyond me staying to help Rhaenys. Besides, your ego is big enough for us both".

"Indeed yet despite my ego, you think of me taking you against this wall",

"Perhaps". Shaera placed her hand on Daemon's face, drawing him in for another lustful kiss before walking away leaving him stunned and knowing of his fault.

~
Jace and Alyssa went north to Winterfell to meet with Cregan Stark, Aemma and Luce went to Storms end to meet with Borros Baratheon. Baelon flew to the Vale to meet with his mothers cousin, Jeyne Arryn. The tragedy ahead was a mystery to them, the legacy of house Targaryen would never be the same.