Growing hatred

Viserys, Otto, Alicent and the children left to King's Landing whilst the rest stayed at Driftmark for another night. Rhaenys was glad to have Shaera there, she had missed her true friend. Whilst everyone was abed, a plan was commenced. A plan that Shaera was not aware of because everybody knew she would be against it for the sake of Rhaenys and Corlys. Laenor and Quarl faked a fight before leaving, sailing away. Shaera awoke to wailing and shouting and rushed to see what happened.

"How could you let this happen! In my own fucking Hall!", Corlys yelled as Shaera held Rhaenys. Soft tears fell down her face as she watched her friend lose her usually stoic composure, her remaining child gone or so they thought. It reminded the others of when she held Laenor at his and Rhaenyra's wedding. Rhaenyra felt guilty for lying to her aunt who was always truthful with her but with Laenor gone, both she and him could be truly happy. Laenor could be with Ser Quarl and live his life as he wanted whilst Rhaenyra could marry Harwin and they could raise their boys as they wanted to. Shaera remained on Driftmark for another night but insisted on the others going to Dragonstone. Daemon was apprehensive to leave her by herself but she convinced him with a promise of making her return worth his while. She stood watching the boat, Syrax and Caraxes leave. Rhaenys was glad she stayed but she had a growing hatred for Rhaenyra whom she believed killed her son to marry Ser Harwin, she was also glad that Baela and Rhaena were staying on Driftmark instead of going with their father who lost a part of himself when Laena died.

~
A year later....
Life on Dragonstone was perfect for them all. Rhaenyra and Harwin had a smaller wedding than Daemon and Shaera but they had been to visit Viserys to tell him, he was overjoyed that his eldest daughter was able to find love despite her loses. Rhaenyra was pregnant with her fourth child.

Shaera had given birth to a son who they called Baelon. The twins loved their little brother. Although they loved all of their children, Alyssa was definitely Daemon's favourite, she was his little girl that reminded him of his mother. Baelon was a rather happy babe, he giggled often and loved when he was taken flying on Caraxes despite Shaera's fears. Aemma had claimed Vermithor, they both had a calmer aura about themselves; the older and the younger connected as one. Alyssa on the other hand had claimed Silverwing, they were both calmed by each other. There were no eggs available at the time the twins were born so they bonded with their dragons who longed for new riders but Shaera and Daemon both wanted Baelon and any other children in the future to have a dragon so when Rhaenyra offered an egg from Syrax's clutch they were thankful. Harwin and Rhaenyra could not be closer, they had four sons now. They longed for a daughter but were content with their boys.

Rhaenyra spent time in Kings Landing attending to her role as heir and then returned to Dragonstone. It was tiring at first but then she got used to the journey over the five passing years, sometimes Shaera would join her to check on Viserys whose health was declining. Daemon was a devoted husband although, most on Dragonstone hated hearing just how devoted when Shaera moaned his name in all hours of the night and sometimes in the mornings.

~
It had been roughly five more years, without a struggle or anything going wrong. The first year gave them plenty of time to adjust. Rhaenyra and Shaera had both had more children. Rhaenyra now had Jacaerys, Lucerys, Joffrey, Viserys and her newest son Lyonel after Harwin's late father.

Shaera had given birth to another set of twins, one boy and one girl. Shaera named their son Rodrik after her father whilst Daemon named their daughter Visenya after the conqueror queen whom he wielded the sword of. They now had Aemma, Alyssa, Baelon, Rodrik and Visenya.

~
After the content six years, Vaemond Velaryon decided he wanted Driftmark and so they all returned to the Red Keep to back the claim for Lucerys. Daemon took Visenya on Caraxes whilst Shaera took Rodrik on Aethalrax, their older children on their dragons.

When they arrived, Shaera and Daemon walked through the halls arm in arm, scowling at the stars and statues all over what used to be their home filled with Targaryen heraldry. Rhaenyra had gone to see Viserys who was suffering.

"I would say its nice to be back but I do not recognise it. Aemma would be ashamed at what her home turned into", Shaera stated as they entered their children's chambers.

"Now children, we are here to help Lucerys. You are to be on your best behaviour whilst we are here",

"That means don't go near the greens, especially that one eyed demon and his drunken cun-".

"Daemon, do not say that word infront of the children",

"Sorry, my flame". He kissed her deeply while the children grimaced. Daemon and Shaera then visited Viserys. He snarled at the so called tea that his brother was consuming, he cares deeply for his older brother as did Shaera who wanted the best for Viserys. Whilst discussing the kings condition, Alicent walked in.

"Lady Shaera, prince Daemon. It has been so long since we were last graced with your presence". Her eyes zeroed in on the scar on Shaera's palm until she placed it on Daemon's shoulder out of sight.

"Indeed your grace. I wanted to ask so that we are well informed on why we are here, which jurisdiction will decided the outcome of the trial?",

"That would be mine as I explained to Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin".

"I thought as much. The same jurisdiction that removed Targaryen heraldry despite that a Targaryen monarch still reigns but how could he rule when you keep him doped on milk of the poppy?",

"Not that I must tell you anything lady Shaera but the king is in immeasurable pain and upon the advice of the maesters I do not want to subject him to further suffering".

"And what of the heraldry? Did the maester prescribed them to be replaced with various statues and stars?" Daemon questioned.

"We will reconvene upon the morrow for the trial then the king had requested we all feast together now that you have returned". With that she left, Alicent grumbled to herself as she went to sort out Aegon. The Queen grew to resent Shaera for having a life so many longed for.