Sorrows and goodbyes

Shaera's dress

Shaera held Rhaenyra's hand as the wind blew against their pale hair

Shaera held Rhaenyra's hand as the wind blew against their pale hair. Rhaenyra stepped forward to command Syrax but her words lodged in her throat. She looked over at her father, his face distant. Then to Shaera whose face held utter disgust at Viserys. Daemon stepped forward, he was worried for Rhaenyra and Shaera.

"Your father needs you Rhaenyra",

"I wonder if the few hours my brother lived that he found happiness after he butchered my mother".

Rhaenyra held Shaera's hand tighter. The thought of burning Aemma and Baelon sickened her but she knew no amount of despair would bring them back. Shaera and Rhaenyra stepped forward.

"Dracarys".

Her words affirmative but her body limp in Shaera's arms. Rhaenyra was a ghost of her former self. They sat there for hours, their eyes never left the pyre even as everyone else in attendance left. Daemon struggled to get them both inside but somehow succeeded. The day filled with sorrow.
~
Viserys decided to name Rhaenyra his heir, his eyes suddenly open to the possibility of a female queen on the Iron throne. He knew Rhaenys was suited for the role but he was grateful for his position to make his daughter his heir.

~
Viserys was in a small council meeting where Lord Corlys Velaryon was claiming how Viserys should take action against the free Cities pirates who lay waste to his ships. Viserys again took Otto's advice against the matter. Viserys not only did nothing about Corlys' concerns but also feared talking to his daughter who only had Shaera. Viserys feared that Rhaenyra would lose her sense of patience without Aemma to teach it to her. Instead he found solace in the company of Alicent Hightower whom was sent by her father to seduce the king. Corlys was enraged that Viserys chose Alicent to take as his new wife and so was Shaera.

"I have decided to take a new wife. The lady Alicent Hightower",

"No, you- the mourning period is not up. My sister and nephew deserve more than that".

"Lady Shaera, you cannot speak to his grace like that",

"I told you this once Lord Hand, do not speak to me as if you are of more importance. I find it quite suspicious that it is your daughter he is marrying".

"Shaera, there is more",

"What more Viserys?".

"You are to wed Ser Otto by order of the king".

Her face twisted with rage, the smirk on Otto's face evident. He had to have been behind the idea in attempt to control her nature.

"Not only do you seek to replace my sister before her body has grown cold, you want to marry me to a leech. Aemma would be ashamed to call you her husband". Shaera concluded before storming out of the room with Rhaenyra following behind shortly after. She hugged Shaera tightly, not only had she lost her mother but her best friend and possibly her aunt who had cared and cherished her more than Viserys ever did. 

"Listen to me Nyra. Your mother can never be replaced as long as you never forget her, she lives on in you",

"But what about you? He is making you marry that awful man".

"Do not worry about me dearest, I will not leave you even if I am actually made to marry that cunt who thinks himself worthy of me".

Rhaenyra wrote a letter to Daemon on Dragonstone, she did not want to Shaera to leave so what better than to tell her uncle who would surely rid the world of Otto Hightower. The Prince was enraged when he read Rhaenyra's letter, his flame, his Shaera was being sold off to wed his enemy. Viserys, his own brother denied him of freedom from his marriage to Rhea in order to wed Shaera but he gives her, the most exquisite woman in the realm to the man he loathed. Daemon in a fit of rage threw everything in sight to the ground, smashed glass and torn parchment everywhere. He made up his mind to hurt Viserys how he hurt. Daemon thought it would help his feelings by stealing Baelon's egg but it did little, every time he saw Shaera in his head showing her feelings of lust for him it was bombarded with her marrying Otto. Upon stealing the egg he sent an invite to Viserys and a letter to Shaera. Viserys wanted to go retrieve the egg himself but was stopped by Otto. Rhaenyra had other ideas and Shaera would not let her go alone. They would go to Dragonstone on Syrax and Aethalrax to retrieve the egg even though it would help everyone if the world was rid of Otto Hightower.

Shaera had rarely been to Dragonstone but she knew it was Daemon's favourite. The ominous atmosphere of Dragonstone was somewhat peaceful unlike Kings Landing.

Before they arrived Daemon unsheathed Dark Sister pointing it at Otto when they heard faint roars. Syrax and Aethalrax landed on the bridge.

"Princess Rhaenyra. Lady Shaera, my betrothed", Otto glumly announced. Daemon observed the way Shaera shivered with displeasure at his words.

"Lord Hand, Princess Rhaenyra and I have come to collect prince Baelon's egg",

"Without bloodshed preferably". Rhaenyra added.

The two women locked arms before walking closer to Daemon.

"When my father named me heir I became Princess of Dragonstone. This is my castle you are living in, uncle",

"Not until you become of age".

"Despite who the castle belongs to, we came for the egg". Unlike her sister, Shaera held an interest in learning Valyrian culture to honour her Targaryen blood she attained from their mother. Aemma was always more like their father, Rodrik Arryn. Before Viserys became king, Daemon took it upon himself to teach Shaera high Valyrian and everything to do with Targaryen heraldry.

"If you want to be reinstalled as heir you will have to kill me",

"Over my dead body", Shaera added.

"I am to have a child, they deserve the same birthright as any other",

"We are right here, uncle. The object of your ire,  I am the reason you were replaced as heir and my aunt will not let you harm me without killing her first".

Daemon stood still for a moment, his eyes glued to Shaera's figure as she looked back at him. Mysaria now understood Daemon's need for Shaera, a true Valyrian goddess. He began to walk away before turning and throwing to egg to Rhaenyra.

"Goodbye, my prince", Shaera concluded as she left to mount Aethalrax. Daemon hated it, he hated when she would not speak his name from her plump lips. He recalled the way she tasted sweet when he kissed her before Aemma interrupted. Rhaenyra and Shaera went back but were greeted by an angry Viserys.

"You went to Dragonstone without your guards and you Shaera why would you allow such behaviour!",

"You may be the king but you are still my goodbrother so do not yell at me. I went because she would have gone even if I had said no, I am not her mother but I accompanied her to ensure her safety".

Viserys was reminded of Daemon in a way, his little brother held the same chaos she did. He wondered what would have been different if he had allowed Daemon to marry Shaera. A changed figment of the past rested in his damaged mind.