Adomania

10 years after the wedding...

Adomania, the feeling that the future is coming too quickly. Adomania is what Shaera felt when she held Rhaenyra's hand as she gave birth to her third child. Jacaerys and Lucerys were growing very quickly aswell. Daemon and Shaera were to be wed sooner than later, after being caught with Shaera on her knees infront of him.

"Another boy princess",

"Healthy?".

"Kicking like a goat",

"Congratulations Nyra", Shaera applauded.

"Your grace, the queen would like to see the child",

"Why?".

Alicent had grown cold in the years of being alone in the keep. She still respected Shaera for what she did for her and that she constantly tried to involved Alicent's children. But everyone else, especially Rhaenyra who could do anything she wanted without consequence constantly reminded her of how little power she had as the queen.

"I will take him to her myself, help me dress",

"Rhaenyra, are you sure this is the best ideas after your labours".

"She will not spill lies about my son, I will not let her ruin this day",

"I will help you. Someone find Ser Laenor please".

Rhaenyra refused to give the babe to Shaera, her stubborn nature would not let Alicent best her so Shaera supported them both as they walked. Laenor walked over,

"A boy, I've just heard. Well done. Where are you going?",

"She wants to see him".

"What, now?",

"Yes Laenor, now will you please help us get up the stairs".

"Yes". He held Rhaenyra's arm as the four of them reached the middle of the stairs. Rhaenyra stopped, wincing at the pain she felt.

"That's it, we are turning back",

"We are almost there, she will rest in the chamber. If the queen so desperately wants to see the babe then she will have to mind the mess", Shaera concluded.

"Besides the only way you will get me to turn back is if you carry me down those fucking stairs".

They all made it to Alicent's chamber with Ser Criston at the door. He was bitter against Rhaenyra who refused to leave her position to pick oranges and marry him.

"Rhaenyra. You should be resting after your labours",

"I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way, my queen".

"Talya, fetch a cushion for the princess",

"there is no need-".

"Yes there is Rhaenyra, sit. Thank you, My queen".

"Where is he? Where is my grandson?",

The babe was passed to Viserys as everyone looked nervous, the man was missing an arm yet had the strength to hold the child.

"Do we have a name?",

"Joffrey, his name is Joffrey".

"An unusual name for a Valyrian", Alicent sneered.

"Tis to honour a fallen friend", Shaera added, ever since the wedding she and Laenor had become good friends. She had also rekindled her friendship with Rhaenys and Corlys who respected her for helping Laenor during a difficult time. Shaera had even helped find Laena a suitable husband, a noble lord to fulfill her adventurous spirit. She was a true dragonrider and wished for the death of a warrior.