Driftmark

It had been a few years since Daemon and Shaera wed, they had been on Dragonstone except for when their presence was required in Kings Landing. With the privacy, they were able to avoid certain responsibilities. They had twin daughters in the time, Aemma and Alyssa. They were five namedays old when Shaera introduced them to Rhaenyra and Viserys. Two years later, they received news of Laena's death. Lord Benton could not choose between Laena and the babe whilst she was in labour so she went to Vhagar. Her dragon stayed loyal to her commands and burned her, despite hesitating. Laenor was broken at the death of his sister.

They all traveled to Driftmark for the funeral. Shaera went to offer her condolences to Rhaenys, Corlys, Baela and Rhaena whilst Daemon stood off to the side. Vaemond Velaryon spoke at the funeral, his harsh words against Rhaenyra's sons was evident especially with Harwin's tall figure stood behind Rhaenyra.  Laena's coffin was pulled into the water, her body put to rest in the haven. Viserys approached his brother, unspoken words went between them until the king spoke.

"Your girls are beautiful, congratulations brother. I am glad to see you after these many cruel years",

"It seems they have been especially cruel to you".

"Daemon", Shaera scolded walking over.

"My flame", He kissed her temple.

"Tis nice to see you Viserys, I just wish it were under more positive pretences",

"Indeed Shaera, the keep is quieter without you".

~
Upon nightfall, Daemon and Shaera were walking on the beach whilst others were abed.

"I have something to tell you, dear husband",

"What is it?".

"I am with child. I felt ill so I went to the maester who confirmed it".

He stood silently before lifting her in his arms, Daemon set her back on her feet before kissing her deeply. He lifted her, her legs wrapped around his torso as he laid her on the Driftwood that lay on the beach. They undress each other in a hurry, Daemon's hand carressed her stomach that would soon swell with their third child. He entered her before moving his hips against hers. Shaera moaned as she held the back of his head, his hair had begun to grow longer again. If they had not been distracted they would have heard Vhagar's loud roar in the distance. When they stopped, a commotion could be heard. They rushed inside to check on their girls who were fine. Shaera went over to Rhaenys and checked on Laena's daughters who were angry but physically uninjured. She then went over to Rhaenyra's children, Luce had a broken nose but was otherwise alright. Shaera gasped at Aemond's eye. Her and Alicent may have had a strained relationship but Shaera did not resent the queen nor did Alicent despise the realms desire. 

"What happened?", She asked. All the children began to speak at once but were silenced by Viserys' booming voice.

"He attacked Baela!",
"He stole Vhagar!",
"He broke Luce's nose!",
"They attached me!".

"Silence!".

"What is there to know, your son has been maimed and her son is responsible",

"It was a regrettable accident".

"An accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush, he meant to kill my son!",

"It is my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves, vile insults were levied against them".

"What insults?",

"The legitimacy of my sons birth was put loudly to question". The people around looked from Rhaenyra to Ser Harwin then back to the looming tension in the room.