beginning of death and suffering

Trigger warning: suicide and torture.

Rhaenyra called upon her advisory to meet around the painted table.

"I have come to a decision", she spoke. Her head held high as she addressed the room, she turned to her aunt and uncle. Rhaenys entered the room and sat before Rhaenyra spoke again.

"I want to delay using all of  the dragons for now, they are our greatest weapon to which we should not squander".

Daemon scoffed as everybody turned to look at him.

"Does my decision not please you uncle?",

"How could it? We have the greatest weapon to destroy the greens and yet you do not want to use it. The seven kingdoms was conquered by three dragons, we have many more now".

"As I said, I do not wish to use all of the dragons right away. You will accompany my husband to Harrenhal",

"Very well".

"We will reconvene later this eve to discuss further but for now, you are all dismissed except the Prince Daemon".

Shaera looked oddly at them, she wondered why she was not asked to stay as Daemon was. She didn't understand why she was not trusted with whatever was to occur. She stormed out of the room and went to find Visenya, her youngest child was able to calm her like no other. The young girl did not know what ailed her mother but knew Shaera needed the comfort.

~
"You know why I asked you to stay. Is it done?",

"It is. I sent an envoy to an old acquaintance of mine, they have been sent to King's Landing. Lucerys will be avenged". Daemon reassured, he had not thought or seen Mysaria since he cast her off in favour of Shaera but he knew she would be discreet enough to do as he wished by hiring Blood and Cheese to avenge Lucerys.

~
Daemon left to say his goodbyes to his children and wife before going to Harrenhal. He was confused when he found Shaera in Visenya's chamber with a sour look on her face.

"What is wrong now? You never seem to be happy anymore, my flame",

"I am unhappy because you seem to know everything that is going on whilst I remain blissfully unaware and I am sick of not knowing".

"I am sick of you and your constant need to complain. I am sick of you whining like a child, I cannot fathom how you have gotten so unbearably difficult".

Her hand struck him, her rings caused a small cut to form under his eye.

"If I am so difficult then why do you stay? Why not run off and hide with your whores like you used to before we were wed?",

"Because I cannot bring myself to. As I have told you before, I need you to cope in this life and the next".

Shaera stared at him as if he were a stranger and not her husband.

"How have we fallen so far? You speak as if I were a crutch for you to use when you need to occupy your time",

"It was never my intention to mistreat you as you think I have, my flame. I will forever worship you".

"That is all I wanted, I wish for you to confide in me and love me as you did when we first met",

"As you wish. I came to say my goodbyes, I do not know how long I will be gone but know that I will return to you and our children".

"You better, I fear I cannot continue in this world should something happen  to you".

The warm glow of the fire glinted in her eyes, he pulled her closer. Daemon captured her lips in a chaste kiss before pulling away.

"We will forever be together even in death. Nothing could ever truly break us apart for our love is too great".

The next morning, Daemon left on Caraxes whilst Harwin got on a boat set for Harrenhal.

~
Blood and Cheese snuck in through the tunnels that Daemon had informed them of, the door let out into the tower of the hand.
Alicent tried to scream but was bound and gagged. Thick tears streamed down her face as she watched the life leave the eyes of one of her maids. She struggled against her captor as Helaena entered with her three children.

Helaena was told to choose a son to die, she reluctantly chose her younger son Maelor only for Blood to behead Jahaerys.
Blood and Cheese fled whilst Helaena wept over her older sons body, her heartbroken screams echoed. She now understood what Rhaenyra felt when Lucerys was killed. Aemond and Criston entered to find the bloodshed, they left to find Aegon. He was enraged at the news, Aegon was not a good father nor husband to Helaena but he felt an unknown sense of regret.

Alicent kept to herself, her eyes burned with tears, a stinging feeling claimed her senses. Heleana had always been quiet except for when her dreams took over, her grief was destroying her. She was accustomed to seeing death but her children were her saviour. She fell into a spiral of depression, Helaena was an innocent no matter whose side of the battle you were on. She was only twenty one years old when she jumped from her window. She landed on the sharp spikes below, her body was found by the guards who informed the greens of Helaena's death. Alicent cried her throat raw, she never truly understood her daughter but she now knew what Rhaenyra felt when Lucerys died. Aegon turned to his usual vice, drowning himself in wine.

Blood was captured at the gates with Jahaerys' head. Otto and Larys Strong orchestrated Blood to be tortured. He was stripped of his assets and chained to a cell, his skin was tainted with newly forming welts, cuts and bruises. The severe distress put on his body made him claim he was going to Harrenhal for his reward and that he was hired by an illustrious whore for revenge.

Aegon called his banners.

"To war then!".

The dance of dragons had begun, a war that would be known for centuries. Westeros would never be the same.