A Summer of Discovery

"Ash Ketchum, you've got a new message on your Pokédex. Tap here to check," a muffled robotic voice emanated from the pocket of Ash's thin blue jacket, adorned with white stripes.

Ash pulled the Pokédex from his pocket and tapped the button to view the notification. As he began to read the contents aloud for Serena's benefit, he couldn't hide a hint of intrigue in his narrowed eyes.

'To whom it may concern, I, Professor Sycamore, am inviting new and seasoned trainers to my summer camp. With preparations completed ahead of schedule, the camp will be set up on the outskirts of Cyllage City. This invitation is extended to both of you, and I hope you accept!' Ash paused briefly before proceeding to the next message, stealing a glance at Serena, who was intently listening.

Continuing, 'P.S. Ash and Serena, I hope you both come, I would really like that! Sophie and the rest are really excited.' Finishing the message, Ash looked up at Serena, who nodded in agreement. Smiling softly, Ash sighed as he rose from the sofa, stretching his arms and legs for the journey ahead.

Serena grabbed her pink duffle bag, while Ash picked up his traditional green travel bag. After ensuring they had all their belongings, they bid farewell to the Nurse Joy at the front desk and left the Pokémon Center located within the lush greens of Route 4. The duo increased their pace, heading towards the outskirts of Cyllage City to attend the Annual Kalos Summer Camp hosted by Professor Sycamore.

As they walked, they chatted about the scenery and the forest, filled with the lively chirps of Fletchlings and other bird Pokémon. Suddenly, a symphony of louder squawks caught their attention. Looking up, they saw a wedge of Swanna traveling southward. Serena marveled at the sight of the airborne Unova native Pokémon, migrating to the warmer south as autumn set in.

Amid Serena's admiration, Ash chuckled softly, not wanting to disturb her amazed state. Perhaps he enjoyed adoring her, or maybe he just wanted her to experience the joys of the world, something she didn't get a chance to do in her harsh childhood.

Fennekin emerged from her Pokéball with a jolly yip, breaking the spell of their imagination. She seemed to sense the heartwarming emotions and joined Serena in enjoying whatever had captivated her.

Where there's Fennekin, there's Froakie. The bubble frog emerged from his capsule, and Fennekin greeted him with a nod. The two Pokémon, perched on their trainers' shoulders, looked back at the sky as majestic birds continued their long flight southwards.

However, Ash and Froakie noticed something else—a golden bird, even more majestic than the Swanna. Instinctively, Ash clasped Serena's hand and pointed towards the lone bird. The four pairs of eyes followed, witnessing golden sparkles trailing behind it, with a faint rainbow in the background.

'Beautiful...' Serena whispered, and Ash solemnly nodded. Suddenly, a deep yet soothing voice resonated within their minds, startling them but not enough to break their grip.

"Those who lay their gazes upon the legendary Ho-Oh are destined to receive eternal happiness and love."

A wave of peace and relief washed over them as calm energy flowed through the two travelers, still holding hands. It felt as if their auras had already intertwined, creating a bond beyond mere connection.

A Knot of Faith

In this heightened state, some forest Pokémon decided to gather nearby, basking in the warm aura emanating from the pair. Fennekin and Froakie, resting on their trainers' shoulders, enjoyed the privilege of this comforting warmth.