05

"What did you call me?" The blonde asked, her furrowed brows proved she still doesn't understand Wynter.

"You- you really don't remember me, Tay?" All hope from Wynter's face disappeared when Taylor just narrowed her eyes at her.

Wynter shook her head to dismiss the topic, not wanting to hurt herself further. "It's fine, let's just uh eat, I guess."

Taylor was about to speak again when a woman with blonde short hair approached them and pulled Wynter into a hug.

"Maureen! You finally decided to visit after a whole month, huh?" Cornelia said as Wynter chuckled into their hug. They looked like a mother and daughter having a reunion, and Taylor was just awkwardly sitting there.

"I was so busy this month, Aunt Neli, I'm sorry. I came as soon as I could, though. I even brought a... friend." Wynter pulled away to gesture at Taylor, who smiled politely and greeted the woman who was in her 60's.

What Taylor didn't expect was for Neli to pull her into a hug, too. Her hug was comforting, just like her mom who was back in Nashville. Now she understands why Wynter turns soft with the old woman, she had this motherly comfort that Taylor only found with Andrea.

"You must be Taylor! It's very nice to meet you, dear. I've heard so much about you! You're really pretty! It's the first time Maureen brought someone besides her bodyguard here. You must be special to her hmm? Are you two dating?" Neli rambled on as Wynter's eyes immediately widened at how the woman carelessly exposed her. Taylor blushed and tried laughing it off, Wynter was too embarrassed to notice but the restaurant owner obviously did.

"Aunt Neli! That's- she's- we're not dating. She has a boyfriend for Pete's sake! Stop it." The usually calm and collected woman rushed to separate the two and pull the old woman away before she could expose and embarrass her further.

"Whatever you say, dear." Cornelia chuckled and patted Wynter's shoulder to make her sit back down. "Let me just take your orders, then."

"The usual for me please." Wynter mumbled out, subtly taking in a deep breath to gain the confidence to meet Taylor's eyes again. "What d'you want, Tay?"

"I'll have what you'll have, I guess." Taylor wasn't quite in the right headspace to think of her order. She was still trying to remember who Wynter is, find out why Wynter told Cornelia about her and why the hell did she blush when the old woman mentioned the possibility of them dating.

"She'll have the burger number 3 and chicken tenders, Auntie. Also your special cheesecake, please. Clyden and Taylor's bodyguard are in the next booth, could you also take their orders, please? Thank you."

When the woman left, the two women awkwardly stared at each other. Taylor broke the silence first, but not in the way Wynter expected.

"Sooo... you have your own company right? Hotels and Resorts?"

Wynter looked at her in surprise in confusion before nodding.

"Yeah, WV H&R."

"My friend went there, she said it's really posh. They said the dinner buffet was the best part though." Taylor stated, with a smile. She was playing with the paper placemat in front of her, avoiding eye contact with Wynter.

Wynter smiled while nodding. She gestured for Taylor to come closer by gesturing 'come here' with her finger.

"I'll let you in a little secret then, the recipes my chef's use are from a restaurant me and my best friend used to go to when we were teens." Wynter whispered. Taylor raised her brows in surprise as she leaned back down on her chair. Wynter did the 'shh' gesture before chuckling quietly.