06

"A record shop?" Taylor asked with her brows furrowed, again. She seems to be doing that a lot today. Wynter was just so hard to read.

Clyde held the door open for them, waiting for them to enter. Taylor felt Wynter's hand on the small of her back, gently pushing her inside.

Taylor looked around, taking in the sight of the multiple vinyls around them. On the right side of the shop, there were three soundproof booths where you could play the vinyls.

"Remember Mr. Brown's record shop back in PA?" Wynter asked, admiring Taylor's side profile. Her hand was still on Taylor's lower back.

"The one we always went to after class?" Taylor finally faced her, remembering exactly what Wynter was talking about.

"Yeah," she nodded and turned so she was also looking at the records around them. "This was the only record shop that gave me that same comforting feeling. Plus, the owner is as kind as Mr. Brown."

They went around the small shop, pointing out familiar vinyls they've listened to before.

When Wynter saw one of Taylor's debut vinyl, she immediately used it to tease the singer. Taylor rolled her eyes at her,  told her to put it back and forget about it.

They ended up in one of the booths, listening to a vinyl of Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling in Love.

"Remember when we used to slow dance to this?" Taylor asked with a small smile. She was staring directly at Wynter, watching her intently. They were sitting beside each other on two bar stools in the booth.

Wynter didn't meet Taylor's gaze though. She kept her eyes on the turntable as she nodded in response.

"Mhm. When you wanted— sorry, needed to practice before you go on that date with that bloke back in eight grade. That blonde guy who plays football? Don't know what you saw in him honestly." Wynter scoffed and rolled her eyes, still not meeting Taylor's gaze.

"Well, want to dance with me again?" Taylor asked softly, catching the younger girl in surprise.

Wynter had to stop herself from agreeing immediately when Taylor asked. Her smile faltered when she saw that Taylor wasn't even looking at her. She was busy responding to Calvin's text, her boyfriend.

"You gotta go?" Wynter asked, still avoiding the blondes gaze.

Taylor hesitated to tell the truth. She wanted to stay and spend more time with Wynter, but Calvin is asking to see her. She bit her lip in thought, contemplating if she should stay just a teeny bit longer. I mean, Calvin would understand, right?

The younger girl noticed her hesitation, waiting for any response from Taylor. Anything, just to give Wynter a push of confidence to ask her to stay longer.

However, Taylor just stayed silent, nibbling on her bottom lip. The brunette took the silence as an answer and nodded understandingly.

"The song's over, let's go?" Wynter smiled as she stood up and walked over to the turntable. Taylor just sat there, staring at Wynter's backside then back at her phone.

Calvin❤️ : Just come home babe.

"I'm sorry." Taylor murmured, looking up from her phone. She still hasn't stood up yet, it was as if her body doesn't want to leave even if her brain was telling her to get the fuck home.

Wynter turned to face Taylor, furrowing her brows at her in confusion.

"Why are you apologizing?" The brunette asked as she was placing the vinyl back in its case. "It's fine, Tay, really. I understand, okay? Plus, it's not like we won't be seeing each other again soon."