18

"We aren't even together, Taylor, why're you acting like we're exclusive?" Wynter said with a dry chuckle. This made Taylor freeze, her mouth going agape slightly. It seems like Wynter only realized her words when she saw the shocked, disappointed, and hurt look on Taylor's face. "Wait- Tay, I mean-"

"Let me out." The blonde had a hand on the door's handle, refusing to face the brunette.

"It's raining, Ali-"

"Don't- Don't call me that." Her words we're dripping in spite. Taylor could hear the hitch in Wynter's breath.

The blonde didn't know why she was acting like this, what Wynter said was true, anyways.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But I can't let you out, lov- Taylor... it's raining."

"Unlock the car or I will seriously break the window." The younger girl reluctantly unlocked the door, immediately stepping out as well when Taylor did.

Just as the blonde was about to go back inside Emma's house, Wynter grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"I'm sorry, Tay. I really am. I was just so exhausted that I didn't realize the words I used, I'm sorry. I understand you're mad, and I'm really sorry I made you feel that way, but please, let's talk this out." Wynter had her arms around Taylor's waist, hugging her from behind. She hid her face in Taylor's neck, preventing the older girl from turning around to look at her.

She prayed to all the gods that no one was watching them. And if there were, that no one could recognize them.

"I'll ask the mall or the cafe for the security footage, I'm friends with the owners anyway. Also, she's engaged, you know... Her wedding's in February, I was actually thinking of asking you if you wanted to go." Wynter could feel Taylor's shallow breathing. She bit her lower lip as she tried to think of anything else to say.

"I'll tell you everything, how we broke up, why we broke up, what we talked about earlier, any questions you have, just please get in the car. It's raining, my love, you're gonna catch a cold." Wynter said softly, she knew Taylor was drunk. She understands that the reason she was acting so rash was because she was intoxicated.

Wynter felt like an extremely heavy weight was lifted off her shoulders when Taylor nodded reluctantly. As slowly and as gently as she could, she pulled away from the hug, to hold the blonde's hand and guide her to get in the car.

"I'll go get something for you to change in. My brother probably left a hoodie at her girlfriend's house." Wynter gave Taylor a small smile before running towards the house.

Wynter ditched the bell and just straight up knocked. It didn't take long for Emma to open the door.

The actress looked behind Wynter, seemingly looking for something. It was done so subtly that most people won't even notice it. But Wynter did.

"Wynter? Where's Taylor?"

"In my car. Did my brother leave any hoodies here? Even a sweatshirt will do." Wynter cut to the chase, ignoring the disbelieving look on Emma's face.

"Why?" The brunette bit her tongue, preventing herself from saying things out of annoyance that she knew she might regret.

"For Taylor."

"What will she use it for?"

"Oh for fuck's sake- For swimming." Wynter snapped sarcastically, her face a mixture of irritation and boredom. "Obviously to wear! She got wet in the rain and needs a change of clothes. So did my brother leave anything or not?"

"Yeah, he has a few shirts here but I can't just— give that away." Emma said, matching Wynter's scowl.

"You're not giving it away, Emma. I'm borrowing it, bo-rro-wing, meaning I'll return it tomorrow. I'll even buy you a new one or get my brother to give you a new one if you love his clothes so much." Wynter finally snapped, she was exhausted, annoyed, anxious and incredibly irritated which made her more impatient than normal.