Chapter 3

———Rendog POV———

I brushed snow off my face as I turned to tango and Cleo, "Are we sure we shouldn't just hunt in the outskirts?" I ask, my ears pinning down from the cold. Cleo snapped back at me, "yes, you weak mut- I mean, yes, Ren, we're going higher. There will be more elves to hunt up there, anyway." She smiles wide, but fake. Tango shoots me a scared look from behind her, as I giggle at him slightly, and Cleo shoots me a glare. 

"Cleo, what's that?" I ask, pointing to a flowing silhouette in the sky, with two sharp antlers sticking out. "I'm not sure, I think it's an elf!" She grins, holding her crossbow up. Tango quickly grabs his and shoots the creature in its wing, grinning and jumping up and down. I wag my tail at the short-red eyed boy, "nice shot, tango!" I giggle, as Cleo shoots is a glare. We all watch the creature fall down, and we start tracking it.

———Scott POV———

I'm enjoying my daily fly around the kingdom, patrolling the outskirts, I look around and see three suspicious figures..and then- boom! An arrow goes straight through one of my owl wings..I groan in pain as my wings give out, tumbling towards the rock below. I flap my wings, and land on the rocks with a thump, my ankle bending a bit. I growl and glare at my wing, stretching it out. An arrow- pierced straight through it. I think it looks sick, but it might make me sick..(hahaha pun!1!1!1!) I sigh, maybe I should head to jimmy's, I don't want to encounter those..people again. I grin, my face turning slightly red as I think about the cod empires ruler- I shake my head, and start to glide there.

———Jimmy POV———

I'm doing my usual chores around the swamp, when Scott crashes into my arms. "Hello Scott, what's u- OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE A SPIKEY THING IN YOUR WING!" I exclaim, holding him tight. "You think I haven't noticed?" He weakly grins at me. "What happened? Oh, please tell me everything!" I ask, sitting him down in a chair on my porch. Scott swats me with his hand, "you idiot! What do you think happened?" He grinned at me. "Well, I was patrolling the outskirts of my empire, LIKE USUAL, when I saw three figures in the snow- then, two of them held a crossbow up and one shot through my wing." Scott explained to me, stretching out his wing a bit. I gingerly touched it as he winced, "you know I'm going to have to pull it out, right?" I say, then swat at his arm when he makes a smirk. "I didn't mean it like that, you dirty-minded bird!" I state quickly, and Scott chuckled softly "yes, but please do it quick." 

I reposition myself to grab onto the arrow and use my legs to push his wing back, "Jimmy, please give me a count down!" Scott asks. "Okay..oneeeee...two!" I quickly jabbed the thing out, as I hear Scott let out a noise of pain. I quickly bandage up his wing, grinning at him. "I told you to count down!" Scott says crossly, "I did!" I protest back, making sure his wing is properly protected. "I meant count to three, not two!" Scott is now huffing, and his wing feathers are all ruffled, he slightly winces in pain. "Oh please- I still counted down!" I say, softly touching his wing, "it'll take a few days to heal..do you think you can fly?" I ask, and he stretches his wing. "I'm not sure- but I know I will have to report this to the other empire rulers.." Scott says, looking as if he's already making mental notes. 

"You can borrow my elytra, if you'd like." I say, but Scott shakes his head profusely. "Nope! No! No magical fake wings for me. Mine should work just fine in a day or two- I can make the trek back to my kingdom just fine!" He says quickly, and I shake my head. "Scott, there's no bloody way you can! Plus, you need to rest so your wing can heal. Why don't you stay here with me?" I ask. I really want him to say yes- I enjoy his company more than the other rulers, besides my sister of course, he is so sweet, and he pays attention to details..I wish he would visit me often. Scott must've noticed the look on my face, as he raised an eyebrow and grinned, "awwww, I can stay, if you'd like." He gets up, stretching his uninjured wing. I grab his hand, helping him walk to the infirmary nearby. "At the infirmary, you can get better help than just from me. Plus, I'll visit you every day!" I grin, as we enter the spruce wood shack. There's one other patient in there, with an arrow through their leg. I gasp slightly, and head to the doctor. "What happened?!" I ask, "my lord! Uhh..they were attacked on the outskirts of the empire, by three men. Well, they said one man and two very tall figures watching." The doctor explained, looking to Scott "King Scott! What seems to be the matter?"

"Scott here has gotten shot with an arrow, too. In the wing- I bandaged it up and pulled the arrow out, but I wanted to bring him hear to get better help." I say, my cod tail swinging nervously. "Certainly! Come this way, King Scott." The healer ushered Scott into another room, and I walked out, kicking at the grass slightly. An attack...with an arrow...three men...something's happening to my empire- right under my nose..I should send a patrol out, soon. Maybe if I can capture those figures...I wonder who they are, anyway. Fugitives? No..it's probably connected to the 'cleansing' Joel talked about..I shook my head, pushing away these thoughts as I got up, reading to write my letter to Joel. 

(Thanks to everyone who's read this so far aaaa)