𝐈𝐗

୨୧ 𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐒 ୨୧

THE SATURDAY MORNING DAWNED WITH A SOLEM AIR AS SERAPHINA PREPARED FOR ARACHNE'S FUNERAL

THE SATURDAY MORNING DAWNED WITH A SOLEM AIR AS SERAPHINA PREPARED FOR ARACHNE'S FUNERAL. The muted sunlight filtered through the Capitol's extravagant curtains, casting a soft glow in Seraphina's lavishly decorated room.

The air was filled with a mix of floral scents, as Capitol fashion dictated that even mourning attire had to be accompanied by a touch of luxury.

Seraphina stood before her ornate vanity, adorned with an array of beauty products and delicate trinkets.

The mirror reflected her poised figure as she meticulously selected an appropriate outfit for the occasion.

The mourning dress she chose was a masterpiece of Capitol fashion – elegant, yet subtly embellished with tasteful details to ensure she remained a vision of sophistication even in a somber setting.

Her fingers glided gracefully over the dress as she smoothed out imaginary creases.

Seraphina spared a moment to cast a critical eye at her reflection, ensuring that every strand of her impeccably styled hair fell into place.

She applied just the right amount of makeup to accentuate her features without overshadowing the solemnity of the event.

As the finishing touches fell into place, Seraphina took a deep breath, steeling herself for the emotional gravity of the day.

Despite the Capitol's penchant for extravagant displays, funerals were events that demanded a respectful demeanor, even from the Capitol Sweetheart.

With a final glance at the mirror, Seraphina left her room, ready to pay her respects to Arachne and navigate the delicate balance between mourning and the Capitol's ever-present allure.

Although it was Saturday, the entire student body reported to homeroom before they assembled on the front steps of the Academy, divided neatly and alphabetically by class.

Seraphina was placed just in between Festus and Felix along with their other fellow classmates that surrounded them.

Coriolanus, however, found himself in the front row with faculty and distinguished guests, first and foremost President Ravinstill— he was asked to sing the anthem which was why he wasn't with the rest of students.

Seraphina scanned the place and across the avenue, the temporary stands set up for the funeral procession quickly filled with mourners dressed in black, the one color everyone could be counted on to have, given the loss of loved ones during the war.

The Academy and the surrounding buildings were festooned with funereal banners and sported Capitol flags in every window.

Numerous cameras were positioned to record the event, and multiple Capitol TV reporters streamed live commentary.