𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

୨୧ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐒 ୨୧

COMMANDER HOFF WAS LOSING HIS MIND, The Mayor's daughter and her boyfriend were found dead— such a mess, such an unnecessary complication

Coriolanus felt a sliver of fear coursing through his veins as the aftermath of the Hob incident unfolded. The Peacekeepers of District 12 were mobilized to look for the guns used in the crime.

Anger surged within Coriolanus, directed at Sejanus for dragging him into this mess and Lucy Gray for making an enemy of the Mayor's daughter.

He needed to distance himself from the situation, from the accusations that could tarnish his path back to the Capitol.

The taste of power he derived from the incident was one thing, but the repercussions were far-reaching, threatening to ensnare him in a web of consequences.

His primary objective was to return to the Capitol, to Seraphina.

This was not a place for him. District 12 was a cesspool of complications, and Coriolanus needed to extricate himself from its grip.

His thoughts raced, formulating a plan to navigate through the chaos while avoiding any suspicion or involvement in the murders.

Coriolanus knew he had to act quickly, and decisively, and ensure that the blame did not fall on him.

The clock was ticking, and his ambitions demanded a swift resolution to this grim chapter in the twisted game of survival.

The Peacekeepers, including Coriolanus, were lined up in disciplined rows, facing Commander Hoff and the Mayor who stood atop the elevated stage.

The air was thick with tension and anticipation as the weight of recent events bore down on the group. The Mayor's stern expression and Commander Hoff's agitated demeanor heightened the gravity of the situation.

Coriolanus stood tall among his fellow Peacekeepers, his face a mask of stoicism concealing the turmoil within.

He cast furtive glances around, observing the reactions of his comrades, and wondered if any suspicions lingered in their minds.

The stage, bathed in the harsh light of scrutiny, amplified the sense of exposure, making each Peacekeeper acutely aware of the potential consequences of the recent turmoil.

"It is our duty to keep peace in this district. So these murderers shall be brought to justice."

Commander Hoff, his voice booming, began to address the assembly, his words laden with authority and impatience.

The Mayor, standing beside him, exuded an air of authority that demanded respect. Coriolanus maintained a rigid posture, his gaze fixed straight ahead, concealing any trace of anxiety or guilt that might betray his involvement or knowledge of the recent events.