𝐗𝐈

୨୧ 𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐎𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 ୨୧

THE MORNING OF THE HUNGER GAMES DAWNED BRIGHT AND CLEAR

THE MORNING OF THE HUNGER GAMES DAWNED BRIGHT AND CLEAR. The morning sun bathed the Capitol in a warm glow as Seraphina made her way to the Game Headquarters, her Academy Rouge uniform impeccably tailored to accentuate the curves of Capitol fashion.

A signature red bow adorned her lustrous hair, a subtle yet bold statement that marked her presence. Her steps exuded confidence, and her poised demeanor spoke of someone who had mastered the art of navigating the Capitol's intricate social dance.

As she entered the Game Headquarters which was located at the Heavensbee Hall, her parents accompanied her, their proud smiles reflecting the anticipation of the upcoming event.

Seraphina's father, Abraxas is a prominent figure in technological advancements, had recently unveiled his latest creation— the communipads that allowed mentors to send sponsored gifts to their tributes in the arena.

The communicuffs, small screens displaying a tally of sponsors, were another groundbreaking innovation attributed to him which is why he was among the important people invited to the Headquarters accompanied by her mother, Selene.

Seraphina, with her red bow tied artfully, moved with an air of regality. Little did the spectators know that beneath the veneer of Capitol elegance, a secret companion lurked.

Nestled against her neck, concealed by the cascade of her hair, was her rainbow-colored snake mutt— a symbol of her newfound, serpentine resolve.

As she scanned the place among the buzzing people in the area, her parents by her side, Seraphina's eyes gleamed with a mix of pride and determination.

The Capitol awaited the commencement of the Hunger Games, and in the midst of the spectators, Seraphina, with her red uniform and concealed companion, poised herself to witness the unfolding spectacle with a serpent's cunning gaze.

Seraphina glanced at a table, a Gamemaker oversaw the distribution of mentor supplies.

While they were all given a bright yellow badge with the word Mentor emblazoned on it to wear around their necks, only the ones with tributes still in the Games were issued communicuffs, making them the objects of envy.

So much personal technology had disappeared during the war and these days, even simple devices are a big deal.

In the post-war era, the scarcity of technology was palpable, and many personal devices had become rare commodities.

However, within the opulent walls of the Aveline mansion, the concept of scarcity was a foreign one. The Aveline family, led by the ingenious patriarch, enjoyed the luxury of having any technology they desired.

Seraphina's father, a technological genius renowned across the Capitol, was at the forefront of innovation. His creations not only pushed the boundaries of what was possible but also elevated the Aveline family to a position of unparalleled privilege.