𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

୨୧ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ୨୧

IN THE HAZY DAY BY THE LAKE, UNDER THE GUISE OF DESIRE AND ATTRACTION, Coriolanus plays his part as the charming companion in Lucy Gray's world

As they laughed and frolicked in the water with the Covey, he skillfully donned the facade of a man reveling in the simplicity of life, as if time were an endless gift.

Amidst the splashes and laughter, Coriolanus felt a dissonance within, a stark contrast between the staged merriment and the calculating gears turning in his mind.

Lucy Gray, the unsuspecting muse, was a means to an end— a stepping stone toward his return to the Capitol and, ultimately, to Seraphina.

Under the shade of a tree, where the avian orchestra serenaded the world around them, Coriolanus couldn't help but find annoyance in the birdsong.

The Mockingjays, much like Lucy Gray herself, grated on his nerves.

Yet, his expressions mirrored joy as he engaged in idle chatter, casting the illusion of genuine connection.

As Lucy Gray, oblivious to the intricate dance of manipulation, shared her world, Coriolanus maintained a careful balance between feigned interest and the relentless pursuit of his objectives.

Every smile, every shared moment beneath the tree, was a carefully orchestrated act to gain her trust, an essential foundation for the intricate plans taking shape in his mind.

The thought of the scarf, a token of his mother's affection, lingered in Coriolanus' mind.

While he longed to reclaim it, his desire for Lucy Gray's trust outweighed the sentimental value of the gift.

The scarf, like his charm, became a tool in the art of deception, a means to bind Lucy Gray to him, ensuring her unwitting cooperation in his elaborate scheme.

In this orchestrated dance by the lake, Coriolanus played the role of the enamored companion, weaving a web of false connections with Lucy Gray and the Covey.

Yet, beneath the surface of his charming exterior, the architect of his own destiny meticulously mapped out each move, exploiting the vulnerability of trust to secure his passage back to the Capitol.

The stage was set, and Coriolanus was the puppeteer, manipulating the threads of his own narrative in the pursuit of power and, more importantly, Seraphina.

The memory of Lucy Gray's question echoed in Coriolanus's mind like a persistent refrain, a moment of potential vulnerability that he skillfully navigated with his practiced charm.

When she had asked if he still desired to return to the Capitol, despite the perceived freedom in the Districts, Coriolanus had to stifle a scoff at the notion.