𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

୨୧ 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 ୨୧

THE MORNING SUN CAST A GENTLE GLOW ON THE AVELINE MANSION, but the warmth did little to penetrate the cold emptiness that lingered on the balcony

THE MORNING SUN CAST A GENTLE GLOW ON THE AVELINE MANSION, but the warmth did little to penetrate the cold emptiness that lingered on the balcony. Seraphina sat alone, surrounded by the remnants of the night's sanctuary.

The pillows and duvet once arranged with care, now lay discarded on the floor where she had slept, seeking refuge in the place where she and Coriolanus had often shared moments of dreams and aspirations.

Her eyes, tired and puffy from the weight of unshed tears, told the story of a night marked by grief and self-imposed solitude.

The scent of sweet flowers and luxury perfume that once enveloped her room had been replaced by the acrid tang of alcohol and the lingering aroma of cigarette smoke.

The air was heavy with the aftermath of a battle fought within the confines of her own mind.

As Seraphina cradled a now half-empty bottle in her hands, she felt the dull throb of a headache, a relentless reminder of the excesses of the previous night.

The emptiness within her mirrored the emptiness of the balcony, stripped of its usual allure, now bearing witness to a solitary figure caught in the aftermath of a storm.

With a heavy sigh, Seraphina dropped the bottle and reached for another cigarette. The cool metal of the lighter felt familiar against her fingertips as she brought the flame to life.

The first drag, a sharp inhalation of smoke, brought a momentary relief, a fleeting escape from the reality that haunted her.

The balcony, once a haven of shared dreams, now became a lonely outpost where Seraphina clung to the memories of what once was.

The sunrise painted the city in hues of pink and gold, but the beauty of the morning held little resonance for her.

Instead, she found solace in the muted stillness that surrounded her, broken only by the occasional sounds of the mansion's staff going about their duties.

Alone with her thoughts, Seraphina stared out into the vast expansion of the city, contemplating the choices that had led her to this point.

Her parents, powerful and affluent, were likely encrossed in the demands of their busy lives, leaving her to navigate the complexities of her emotions in solitude.

The cigarette burned slowly, the tendrils of smoke intertwining with her fleeting thoughts.

The balcony, once a symbol of shared aspirations, now became an echo chamber for her internal struggles.

Seraphina, still nursing the ache of the night's revelations, found herself caught between the past and an uncertain future.

In the silence, broken only by the distant hum of the city, Seraphina took another drag, exhaling a plume of smoke that dissipated into the morning air.