Chapter 3: May the Challenge Begin

Backstage, the Miss Grand candidates were buzzing with excitement and expectation as they prepared for the runway with a renowned fashion house. The event promised to be a spectacular display of luxury and style, with the contestants including well-known names like Nini, Aoom, Meena, Charlotte, Snack, and Tina. Myanmar would be a perfect setting for displaying these luxurious designs.

But before that.

The girls had resumed to their customary routine a month after the event at Aoom's condo. They talked every day, laughed together, flirted, and seemed closer than ever. Even though the flame of that moment remained burning, the waters returned to their channel, creating a beautiful equilibrium between them.

Meena and Aoom, however, had not met face to face for three weeks due to their respective duties. The distance had only strengthened their bond, and their expectation of seeing each other again at the airport before departing for Myanmar filled them with both joy and nervous anticipation.

The ringing of Meena's FaceTime disturbed the silence of her car as she traveled to the airport. When she accepted the call, the screen flashed with the glowing image of Aoom, who was also in a cab on her way to the airport.

"Aoom, what a surprise to see you!" Meena greeted with a playful smile.

Aoom responded with a knowing laugh. "Oh, you know, just missing you a little. But then again, not much."

Meena gave a sneaky smirk. "Do you miss me?" Who said that? You must have misread who I am."

Aoom continued the game. "Sure, sure. Just a little. How much do have left to get there?"

Meena looked away from the road for a moment. "A little while longer, but I'm excited to see you... to a certain extent."

Aoom laughed. "You're going to have to admit that you missed me when we meet."

Meena kept her sarcastic tone. "You know, admitting things isn't my style. But I actually brought you something."

Aoom's eyes glowed with curiosity. "There's something for me? What is it?"

"A trade," Meena offered with a sneaky smirk. "Foreign candy" she shakes a small shopping bag "For having the privilege of my company." "Do you agree?"

Aoom pretended to contemplate it. "Hmm, sounds tempting. But I think I can resist your charms even with the candy."

Meena laughed. "We'll see what happens." I'm almost there. Aoom, I'll see you at the airport."

The screen faded away, leaving Meena smiling as she continued her way. Flirting and humor were her constant companions as she faced the mounting sense of expectation and dread over the impending reunion.

Meena slipped into thought as she held the steering wheel and watched the road ahead of her. She still had fifteen minutes of drive left, but the anxiety of seeing Aoom swept over her like a fierce storm. She needed to calm herself down and show confidence, but she was more nervous than she cared to admit.

Missing Aoom has been stronger than ever, but she wasn't going to give in to that vulnerability. No, Meena was the master of hidden emotions.

Meena's thoughts centered around the time they were going to arrive at the hotel. She pictured herself laughing, gossiping, and sharing with Aoom in their hotel room. She was looking forward to catching up on their lives, even though they would talk almost every day.

Recalling the itinerary, Meena rejoiced at the thought of the thirteen free hours they would have between her arrival in Myanmar and the next day, when they were scheduled for a rehearsal and final measurements. It was a precious time that they could both enjoy without restrictions or pressure. The thought of exploring, relaxing, and just being together brought a smile to Meena's face.