Chapter Three Valaena

Confusion was written all over Valaena's face as Viserys looked between his three daughters then back at Valaena again, as he spoke Valaena kept looking at his face. Later on, Valaena was standing beside Rhaenyra as she looked at herself in the mirror for the final time as she had been rather late to get ready, neither could she believe how neatly and beautifully done her dress and hair was along with the golden crown adorning her top head. Yet the only thing Valaena could focus her eyes on was the necklace that Daemon had gifted her. Valaena sadly sighed when she caught her reflection once again and kept on hearing their father's words from earlier. Valaena took a steady breathe as they started making their way once again to the Iron Throne, all three sisters dressed in the best dress and jewelry they had ever worn. Many members from various houses such as Velaryon, Hightower, Stark and Baratheon made an appearance, Valaena stood at the top and in the middle of the room. Soon the nobles declared oaths of fealty to the King and to Valaena as his named heir. Valaena kept a straight expression across her face and turned to look at every men and their family bow down to her, she looked outside of the window and heard her dragon in the distance roar, that meant only one thing, Caraxes had left Dragonpit. Valaena then subtly bit the inside of her cheek but kept her eyes on everyone and every House in front of them.

Valaena's eyes landed on Rhaenyra and Daenys and she couldn't help but imagine if her uncle was looking out for her, knowing that she was to be ruler of the realm, now onto time would tell if the two would finally reunite. Valaena turned around and faced her father, the King sat upon the Iron Throne. "I, Viserys Targaryen, first of its name. King of the Andals, and the Ryonar. First of Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. Hereby name Princess Valaena, Princess of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne." It had been six months ever since she was announced as Princess, though her father publicly declined her offers to help a few families, she would do so anyway. She had been in the habit since she was young to go out of the Red Keep and help the poor, something everyone had knowledge about but couldn't stop as she was Princess. Even as Queen it would appear that her father would be the one to take first command. While the Small Council were discussing matters, Valaena was seating in her chair and listening to what was being said. "The King's own brother has been allowed to seize Dragonstone and fortify it with an army of gold cloaks. Daemon has squatted there for over half a year without even a protest from The Crown."

Valaena felt her throat dry when Lord Corlys mentioned Daemon, she had been avoiding saying or hearing his name ever since and she had been awfully alone without his presence, Otto began to speak again, "Lord Corlys a seat at the King's table does not make you his equal." "You are awfully mistaken, Lord Hightower." Valaena's words and appearance shocked everyone as no one had any idea she had entered the room, placing a hand on Lord Corlys's chair, she looked at Otto, "All of the men are here for a reason, to discuss a change and have equal thoughts and help one another for the realm-" Valaena was ready to continue until her father held up his hand to her to fall silent, ever since she had been in command, Otto Hightower had carried a deep grudge toward her, looking at her twin, Rhaenyra who was inside the council room remained silent until Valaena saw her giving her a look, knowing well what she was thinking. Valaena nodded her head once and she didn't hesitate to speak, "You have dragonriders, father. Send us." "It isn't that simple, Rhaenyra." "At least the Princess has a plan." Valaena gave Lord Corlys a thankful smile for also agreeing with her, she was hopeful for them until Hightower spoke to their father again. As he made a comment about a better use of their talents, Valaena's eyes and pupils once again changed, their father turned to look at his daughters, "I will not let you put my daughters in harm way. Why don't you take them and Daenys to see about the new Kingsguard posting, Lord Commander? This knight will protect you as well."

Their father told Rhaenyra who also seemed disappointed, angrily Valaena openly glared at her father before giving another distasteful look at Hightower. "She doesn't need a knight to protect her. She has a dragon." Once her eyes returned to normal, Valaena bitterly began to walk away from the council, the sisters were soon joined by Daenys, once Daemon had left; the three sisters had spent some time together and kept a close watch on Lord Hightower, both of them silently judging one another. The three were brought to Maegor's Holdfast as the three of them each had a right to choose soldiers, Ser Harold kept on assigning soldiers and the sister would keep thanking them. "We thank you for your loyal service to The Crown, ser." The three would force a smile on their faces as they tried to ignore Lord Hightower who seemed to be standing a bit too close to Daenys causing the twins to have her stand between them. Finally a young soldier stepped up and Valaena watched as Rhaenyra seemed to smile for the first time in a long time, asking him a question or two until she finally turned to Ser Hightower. "I choose Ser Criston Cole." Once again Otto Hightower seemed to not be content with Rhaenyra choice, "Let's not be too hasty, Princess. There's no doubt Criston is a fine warrior, but houses such as Crackhall and Mallister are important allies of The Crown."