Chapter Five Valaena Targaryen

"Some of the small folk like to believe, as a male, Aegon should be the heir" Valaena heard Daemon say above her, she angrily turned around and started to walk away on her own as she could hear Daemon chuckling from behind, she has had enough of herself not being taken seriously. Valaena noticed some people selling berries, steamed meat, rice and wine, she decided to have a bit of fun with her time, so she grabbed a bottle of wine, stealing it, and running away from the rest and from Daemon. She laughed to herself having just a bit of fun but found herself disappointed by what are her people, who didn't like any of the royals apart from apparently herself, Valaena didn't know why they hated them so much. Continuing to run away from Daemon, she dodged many people and was ready to turn right when she bumped into a guard, she grunted when she bumped into the tall man.

"And who might you be running from, now?" Valaena grew nervous since she realized that it was one of her uncle's guards, the man grabbed her arm and pulled down her head, "Princess?" Valaena remained silent and pleaded and silently for him to not tell anyone that she was there. Ser Harwin hummed and looked away from her before quickly pulling up her hood. "Be careful." No longer caring about the bottle she left it aside and saw that Daemon had easily gotten up to her, "Did you enjoy doing that?" Valaena continued to look up at him but then she stood up and smiled, "Who knows when will be the last time I taste freedom like this?" Her smile slowly faded but she tried her best to continued smiling, so she would get rid of her tears building up, as she didn't want to Daemon to see her cry. "You said you brought me here to have some fun, did you want me to see this?" "You were the one who stopped to give it a look, niece." Daemon reminded her. "Can you...can you take me somewhere else? Somewhere fun next? To get my mind off of this." Valaena asked looking down at her feet. Valaena felt Daemon place his fingers below her chin so she would look up at him. "I know just the place." Daemon smiled down at Valaena and wrapped his arm around her shoulder keeping her very close to him. Together they began to walk in the dark, with Valaena becoming curious to him know where exactly he would be taking her, Valaena kept looking up at him and smiling a bit, knowing that she had someone to protect her now.

Valaena became extremely grateful that Ser Harwin didn't rat her out or warn the other guards that she was outside of the castle, only the gods know what her father might've done if he were to find out about this, not to mention Otto Hightower who was being a real ass these couple of years. This was one of the few times Valaena was actually was able to have fun and not worry about her duties at the castle, as she was having a bit of fun hanging out with Daemon, though she still hadn't asked him where he was taking him. "We're almost there." Daemon whispered close to her and shielded her eyes with his hand she wouldn't know where they had headed t, carefully she continued to walk ahead as he had instructed, Valaena could hear the soft sounds of music being played throughout the place, slowly she felt Daemon let go of her and she had decided to open her eyes. Her expression changed when she saw so many naked people around, he had decided to take her to a brothel. "D-Daemon." Valaena called to her uncle for help when she saw herself being surrounded by naked men and women engaging in many sexual positions, she felt uncomfortable but was curious at the same time. Many thoughts began to run through her head, she wondered why Daemon had decided to bring her to a brothel and she knew that his idea of fun was a lot different than her own.

Valaena continued to stare down at the ground avoiding looking or touching anyone and trying to find the exit, to run away from this place and scold Daemon for bringing her there. But the sudden image of Daemon in her head made her realize that those acts got to her, there was too many singles thoughts running through her head. She then decided it was a good thing Rhaenyra or Daenys didn't tag along with them; she then decided it was best if she left, she started walking around looking for an exit until she felt a pull on her sleeve. Daemon made her follow him and she also realized that he was no longer hiding himself, he did the same thing to her and pulled off her hood and cloak, he then grabbed her hand again and silently continued to follow him. As they started walking further and deeper into the brothel, Valaena continued to hear the sound of women moaning in pleasure and the men grunting as well along with other obscene sounds. "Why are we here?" Valaena asked looking up at him, hoping this would be one of his many jokes. "It's where people come to take what they want. Fucking is a pleasure, you see. For a woman as it is the man." Valaena heard her uncle tell her, walking around the place, she realized that it didn't bother him at all unlike her. "Valaena." Daemon softly spoke grabbing her arm and he pulled her back to him, her back hitting his chest when she felt him breathe down against her neck. Valaena could feel his hands touching her sides and felt something poking her from behind. Something she realized was him.