Chapter Ten Princess Valaena Targaryen

After sending Petyr flying, Valaena took hold of Alyssa's hand and practically ran to her private chambers that were separated from Petyr's where all of her children were and knew that she had to go find their biological father. After kissing each child on the forehead and making sure they stayed in her chambers, she placed the key in Baelon's hand and took a deep breath before she threw on her cloak, grabbed a satchel and fled from the Red Keep to Dragonstone where she quickly mounted her waiting Dragon. Together the two took to the sky and Valaena had a feeling of where Daemon had been for the last ten years and with Seraphina's mighty senses, she knew they would find him or Caraxes in no time. The two had travelled for a long time before Seraphina took a sharp left and began to fly to a mansion, causing Valaena to realize that that was where Daemon was, but neither were prepared for arrows to start flying at them and for a large spear to come flying at them. The spear lodged itself in the dragon's chest causing Seraphina to start hurtling towards the ground and for Valaena to lose her grip on Seraphina's spikes; together the two fell to the ground and this caused Valaena to be severely hurt. As her entire body was engulfed in pain, she winced when she turned on her left side and tried to prop herself on her hands, nearly failing multiple times, she was only to fully stand up when she heard Seraphina roar in pain.

Standing up she limped her way to Seraphina's front and took hold of spear, with a mighty pull, she had yanked the spear out of Seraphina's chest causing the mighty dragon to roar to the heavens and to breathe blue fire down on the people who had gathered to hurt the two. Valaena watched as Seraphina shielded her with a wing and kept snarling even when the Prince of Pentos made an appearance. From where she was hidden no one could see Valaena but she could see what was happening, as she had collapsed to the ground in pain and was fighting to stay conscious, she watched as the Prince tried to calm down the enraged dragon only for said dragon to snap at him. He and his men were only truly spared when Daemon made an appearance and was able to calm Seraphina down enough to reveal the state that her rider was in. She only allowed Daemon near, the others she snapped at, the dragon watched as Daemon carried Valaena inside the mansion. When Valaena awoke it was too loud voices, at the moment she couldn't identify who was yelling so she looked to her right side where she saw a single chair and a basin of water on the bed side table. Lifting a hand to her forehead she found a damp cloth upon it, moving said hand to the chair she could tell that whoever had been taking care of her had just left as the chair was still warm. "Who are you referring to?"

"Valaena!" Hearing her name being mentioned, she painfully slid out of the bed and walked to the door where she leaned against it so she could hear better. "Why would I care about her?" "Because I care about her. Morning, noon and night, I care about her! And you hurt her and if you hurt her...you hurt me. Valaena is who I want. That is why my loyalties lie. That is who my priority is." "Not the mother of your children?" "Don't bring the girls into this." "Alright! Not the woman you married?!" "I refuse to be blamed any longer for this grotesque misalliance!" At that the argument had been concluded and she could hear footsteps walking toward her, Valaena took in a deep breath then practically ran back to the bed and slid right back in it and sat propped up against her pillows. Once the door opened, she quickly moved her eyes to the door and to the window; she knew Daemon would be surprised to see her awake but right now she knew she needed to go back home.

When he took his seat again he was about to reach out for her hands which she ignored and said, "Once Seraphina is well enough, we shall return to King's Landing." At this Daemon's hand halted on its way to Valaena's hand, sliding out of bed, she limped over to the window and she kept looking out the window as she didn't want to see the expression Daemon would make. "Long hair suited you better uncle." This caused Daemon to laugh and to look at her but she refused to look at him causing him to stand up and walked over to her, causing her entire body to go rigid, she waited for what Daemon would do and that finally came when he placed his hands on her biceps. As he held her close, he rested his forehead on her shoulder causing her to glance at him but also to quickly look out the window. She knew that her uncle would plead for her to stay but she also knew that she wouldn't be able to stay as she had already caused problems between Daemon and Laena. She was about to move away from him when she felt him gently wrap his arms around her, causing her to glance down at him and truly realize that Daemon didn't want to be apart from her. Yet she knew that she would have to leave Daemon, but she knew that before she left she would have to tell Daemon about the children they shared. "Daemon." After hearing his name fall from her lips in so long, Daemon groaned at the sound and looked up from her shoulder and at her, and still she refused to look at him, causing him to become unhappy with her not looking at him.