Game Highlights

Flickerman: Hello everyone, welcome to the 73rd annual Hunger Games. I'm Caesar Flickerman, here with my co-host—

Templesmith: —Claudius Templesmith. That's right folks. We're in for a fun Game this year. On the screen now, we have the training scores and odds if you still need them to place any bets.

Flickerman: Down at the bottom of the list, with a score of 4, we have Barley, from District 9, and up top, with a score of 11, we have this year's Capitol favorite. From district 3: our very own, Golden Girl Toni Hart!

As for odds, Barley takes the low again, at 80-1. And this time Cato takes the high, at 3-1.

// Keep in mind that the odds are formatted as a-b, where chance of winning is expressed as a/(a+b). So with odds of 3-1, you have a 25% chance of winning. Another way of looking at it is that if there are a+b games, one is predicted to win b times and lose a times. (Also pretend that whoever calculates odds doesn't know that Toni's actually smart. I didn't consider the fact that the Gamemakers saw during training scores) //

Templesmith: Now the Games about to begin, so let's tune into the arena.

*The stats list fades to black and a bird's eye view of the arena fades in, slowly lowering down, coupled with closeups of the tributes*

Flickerman: Here comes the final countdown, folks.

*robotic voice counts down from 10 and then a gong sounds*

Flickerman: And off they go!

Templesmith: Caesar, I wonder how many the Bloodbath will take this yea— oh! Here comes the first attack. Nylon from 8 goes for Toni Hart! Bold move, I'll give him that.

*Cameras zoom in on them. Nylon trips over uneven ground*

Flickerman: Oof. Wait, what's that over there?

*Camera shifts to the right to reveal Glimmer running towards them*

Templesmith: Looks like Glimmer's coming to Toni's defense, and— Ouch. Looks like Glimmer Belcourt's got the first kill of the Games!

*Camera zooms out to show everyone*

Flickerman: And Claudius, it looks like it was the first of many.

————————————————————

Flickerman: It seems that the bloodbath is now over, taking a total of 13 tributes, which is about normal for a Game.

Templesmith: Right. And a whopping 12 of those came from this little group right here.

*camera zooms in on the career pack discussing their kills*

Flickerman: Ooh. I'm sensing an alliance forming. While they discuss, let's have a look at the kill list up on the screen here, along with some updates on odds.

*Cato stays at 3-1. Marvel and Clove stay at 5-1. Glimmer moves up from 7-1 to 5-1. Toni moves up from 9-1 to 6-1. Rue moves up from 60-1 to 30-1. Others tributes have minor changes.

Templesmith: Looks like there's some big jumps, now that the bloodbath has passed.

————————————————————

Templesmith: Wait Caesar. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

*camera zooms in on Rue in a tree, helping the girl from 7*

Flickerman: You're right, Claudius. That's little Rue.

*Stats pop up:

District 11
Name: Rue Barnette
Training Score: 7
Kill Count: 0
Odds: 30-1 —> 27-1