Fight

It's been about a month since we arrived in Hotel Crane. Fin left a while ago, barely overstaying his initial plan of just one week.

He still calls us every now and then on our communicuffs. Just to check in.

I've gotten a little more accustomed to the job now. Been with some guys and some girls.

In a way, guys are easier to deal with. At least they don't ever dress up like my dead girlfriend.

Only two more girls have done that so far, but I really don't understand why. Like, how can you not think that that's a bad idea?

No more knives, though. Thank god for that.

I take a nice long shower. Like I always do after a session. It's when I kind of wash them off, in away. And try to forget about everything that happened.

It's usually only up to one per day, but today I was double booked.

Finnick's whole secret thing has been pretty meh so far. I've gotten some nice gossip, I guess. Nothing too crazy.

Today's scoop was something about District 13, but I don't think the guy really knew what he was talking about.

I hop out of the shower and enjoy some alone time, before heading back to the room where Johanna was waiting for me.

"Hey, Jo. I'm back" I say as I step into the room.

"Yay, finally!" she says, cheery.

I wonder what she does all day when I'm not here. Maybe she just sleeps in pretty late.

"Yeah. Sorry I was long. Snow snuck in another shift for my last minute" I roll my eyes.

"Asshole. How was it?" asks Johanna.

She's been more relaxed with the way she talked about my job, once she realized that I'd stopped caring about it as much.

"Pretty awful, but it's whatever. At least it didn't hurt. 'Cause the guy was old and pretty... you know" I pinch my fingers together, referencing the size of his dick.

"Oh but get this. The girl I was with this morning. She said that the girl I was with on that first day used to be like super homophobic and used to bully her. But apparently now she's out bragging about sleeping with me" I say, annoyed.

"Fin should've let me kill that bitch, day one. You should've told that girl how crazy she was so she could've told all their little rich friends" says Johanna.

"Yeah I would've. But I'm sworn to confidentiality" I say, sarcastically crossing my fingers and holding them up.

"Okay whatever. Let's stop talking about these rich pervs. Wouldn't want you getting jealous" I joke, changing the subject.

"You wish" she scoffs back at me.

The vibration from my communicuff startles me and I pick up.

"Hey Fin. You called at the perfect time. Look at her. She's blushing" I smirk, pointing my wrist at Johanna's face so he could see.

He chuckles and Johanna rolls her eyes and leaves the room.

"So how's Annie doing?" I ask him.

"She's doing good. Still can't wait to meet you" he says.

"Careful there, Finnick. If you let her meet me, she might just leave you" I say, sarcastically.

He chuckles at me. "What, Golden Girl? Which is it, are you coming for my crown or my girl?" he asks.