Priorities

"There she is. My greatest triumph!" Celene greets me.

"Our little superstar" she pinches my cheek, making me chuckle awkwardly.

"Sweetie, we've missed you. What a cute little house. So quaint, isn't it?" says one of my designer's helpers, the one who I accused of coming onto me.

"Athena, if you recall" she reminds me of her name and shakes my hand.

"Right" I remember.

"Of course, you've heard about Chastise?" she asks.

"What happened to her?" I ask, slightly worried, for no rational reason.

"Oh, dear, she's a fashion star. You're his muse. Everyone in The Capitol's wearing her. Everyone" she says, excitedly.

I chuckle. Good for her, I guess. "Everyone, huh?" I respond.

"Well, not everyone" says a new voice, Chastise, coming in through the door.

"Chastise!" I greet her. She gives me a hug.

"Anna, is this your boyfriend?" She asks, looking over at Nathan, who'd just come downstairs. Beetee was still in my room, probably organizing drawings he wanted to use for my talent.

"What? Ew, ew, ew! That's my brother, Chastise. Nathan" I introduce.

"Oh, of course. Nice to meet you. Aren't you lucky to have such an angel as a sister?" Chastise chimes, shaking Nate's hand.

"Lovely to meet the woman who put my angel of a sister on live TV half naked. And yes I am, I tell myself that every day" he shakes her hand back.

Chastise laughs. "Funny boy" she comments, turning back to me.

"Are you okay?" she asks me, seriously, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah" I nod.

"Perfect. Ready to work?" she asks.

I groan. "Not really, but sure" I say.

"All right. Come guys!" she yells at her makeup and clothing teams.

*time skip******

"Welcome! Last year, the 73rd Hunger Games brought us the greatest plot twist of our time. The most beautiful tribute revealed herself to also be the smartest. As a nation, we shared her agony. But we had so little time to revel in her joy!" I hear a voice on the TV while I get ready backstage.

"It's time!" Celene yells, singsongingly.

"She's done, she's lovely" says Chastice, putting some finishing touches on my face.

"Alright, Toni. Now we feed the monster" Beetee reminds me. I nod and go onstage.

Caesar sees me and helps me prepare before going live.

"All right now. Let's go to District 12 and find our Golden Girl!" the TV voice announces.

"Alright, Toni. Keep it light and fun. Big smile for the camera in three, two" Caesar says, getting me ready.

"One... There she is! Antoinette Hart! The Golden Girl, Capitol favorite!" he introduces me.

I smile and wave a bit at the camera.

"So how's it going?" he asks me.

"It is going great here in 3, Caesar. Thanks to the generosity of The Capitol, me and my family has never been happier or safer" I say, happily.

Hopefully the family comment will make it harder for Snow to kill them, but I know he still can.

"Fantastic! Have you planned on settling down with some special someone here in 3?" he asks.