District 7

I never did learn how to swim. I guess Joanna was too busy teaching me how to hold my breath.

That was two months ago. I started getting less clients and spending more time with Jo.

I let her sleep in my bed and I don't flinch around her anymore.

We aren't using any sort of labels. But we don't need them. She's my person. And I'm hers.

Of course I'll never forget about Clove. But I think she'd want me to move on, and I finally was.

Today's our last day here before we head back to our districts for the reaping ceremony tomorrow.

I woke up early today and decided to draw her peacefully sleeping. It's rare to find Johanna Mason looking so harmless.

I hear her groan softly and turn a bit, signaling she'd woken up.

"Jo, you ruined my drawing" I complain.

"Hmm? You know it's so creepy when you do that" she jokes, groggily waking up.

I chuckle at her. "I can't help it. You're too pretty not to draw" I flirt.

She scoffs and moves up to peck me on the lips.

"Good morning to you too" she says, making me giggle.

"I can't wait to go home. I miss it there" I say.

"Yeah. I miss the trees" Johanna says, longingly.

"Sorry for stealing you away for so long" I apologize.

She chuckles. "Don't be sorry. I'm glad you stole me away"

"And don't be too happy about going home. You'll be on the next train back for mentoring" she reminds me.

"Ughhh. Don't remind me" I groan.

I suddenly feel a vibration on my wrist and notice my incoming call.

"Hi Finnick" I pick up the call.

"Hey guys. Hope I didn't catch you two lovebirds on the middle of anything" he teases, making me roll my eyes.

"Fin, we just woke up" says Johanna.

"Ooh, long night?" he says, suggestively, making himself laugh.

"I haven't called in a while. How are things?" he asks.

"You called like three days ago, Fin. But things are good. We're heading back today" I say.

"Oh they're making you come all the way back and then immediately go back to the Capitol? That's dumb" he comments.

"Yeah, I know right? Wait, Fin, we'll see you tomorrow. I'm getting another call" I tell him.

"Okay. Bye guys. See you" he says. I wave bye.

"See you, Fin" Johanna pops her head into the screen.

I click my communicuff to pick up the other call.

"Hey Beetee" I greet.

Beetee has called me a few times so far, just to check in with me. He's also my only communication to my family right now.

"Hey Toni. I'm confused, you're coming back today, right?" he asks.

"Yep. I think I'll be back at around 3 if we catch the next train" I tell him.

District 9 is right between the Capitol and District 3. So I'm gonna take the train with Johanna and then transfer after.

"Alright. I'll tell your parents. And I'll be there to greet you" he says.