Bonding

*slight filler but still cute*

We go back to the room and Finnick and Johanna give me food that they bought for me.

"Thanks guys, I think I'd starve without you" I laugh.

I eat on the couch at the small hotel desk, while Johanna and Finnick sit on the bed across from me.

"Okay" I start conversation, covering my mouth as I finish chewing what was in my mouth.

"So... now that we're friends..." I start.

"Let's get to know each other" I say.

Finnick chuckles at me while Johanna raises her brow at me.

"Come on. The only thing I know about you guys is what Beetee showed me on TV" I say to them.

"That about sums us up, then" says Johanna, sarcastically, leaning over the table to steal some of my food.

"Johanna, the way the whole friend thing works is you have to tell each other the deep shit" I say, eating more food.

"The deep shit?" Finnick repeats, looking over to Johanna, who he shared an amused look with.

"Yeah" I say, matter-of-factly.

"Okay... like what?" Finnick indulges me.

"Like... What's your favorite color?" I ask, not knowing any deeper questions to ask.

"Well, now you've stepped over the line" Johanna jokes, while Finnick laughs at my question.

"Stop it" I look under the table to kick Johanna, but she just moves her leg away.

"Seriously, though, what is it?" I ask.

"Well I like red. I think it's a fun, bold color. And Finnick, if I had to guess, likes blue, like the ocean" Johanna mocks.

"Hey! My favorite color's actually sea-green. And it's not because of the ocean. It's the color of Annie's eyes" he says, defensive.

"No need to be so annoyingly romantic, Fin. The word 'sea' is literally in the word" says Johanna, rolling her eyes.

"It's because of the ocean" she whispers to me, using her hand to pretend to block Finnick from listening.

"Okay, okay. Whatever. What about you, Toni? Whats your favorite color?" asks Finnick.

"Hmm. I don't really know" I shrug.

"Wha— you asked the question, Toni. You have to answer now. That's how it works" Johanna teases.

I chuckle. "Alright, fine. I don't know, maybe green" I say. Clove's eyes were green. So were common printed circuit boards, grenades, trees, etc.

"Hmm. That's closer to mine. That must mean we're meant to be better friends than you guys" Finnick boasts to Johanna.

"Since when was that a thing?" I laugh at him.

"Yeah Finnick. Tech genius over here says you're wrong" Johanna teases him.

He puts his hands up in mock defense. "You're the one who said we had to be deep. I'm just trying to make your dumb question deeper with some thoughtful color analysis" he says, laughing.

"Alright. Well if we're talking color theory, red is green's complimentary color. So maybe you're the one who's gonna be third wheeling soon enough" I say to Finnick, who just chuckles at me.

"You hear that, Fin? Toni and I are color soulmates" says Johanna, moving to sit next to me on the couch.

For some reason, I flinch away a bit.

"Oh shit, I forgot" says Johanna, scooting away from me.

"No it's fine. I forgot too. You guys are a nice distraction" I chuckle, moving back closer to Johanna, showing her that I was fine.

We continue talking and getting to know each other throughout the night.

"You should've seen her! She looked like a tree" says Finnick, laughing at the memory.

"Shut up Finnick. I saw yours on TV, you looked like a fish" she teases back.

"Wait, wait. I think I printed out the picture of her. Wait let me find it" says, Finnick, fishing around his bag for it.

"No, Finnick. Stop it" Johanna tackles him like a little kid, trying to yank the bag out of his hand.

"Johanna, get off of m— I got it!" says Finnick, proudly holding up the picture.

I lean over the table as he hands me the photo. She really does look like a tree.

"You asshole" Johanna says, harshly kicking Finnick.

"Aww, don't be embarrassed Jo. Here I thought you didn't care what anyone thought of you" Finnick teases.

I cover my mouth with my hand, as I chuckle at the photo in my hand.

"Hart, if you don't stop laughing, I'm gonna slap Finnick in the face.

"Wha— I'm not the one laughing" defends Finnick.

"No, I'm not laughing at all" I say, stopping my laughter.

"Whatever. Here, give me the picture" she reaches over.

"No, you're just gonna rip it up or something" I say, pulling my hand back.

Johanna groans in annoyance, making me chuckle.

"Don't be so embarrassed. I think you look adorable" I say, making Finnick burst out laughing.

Johanna scoffs. "Please, I look ridiculous. Took everything not to beat up my stylist that day"

"You can keep it, Toni. It'll be my little present to you" Finnick says.

"Thanks!" I say. "I think I'll frame it" I say, putting it on my desk.

Johanna rolls her eyes. "You two are insufferable" she says.

Finnick looks at the communicuff on his wrist, a communication device given to victors by the Capitol.

Devices like this came from factories back in 3, so it was pretty interesting seeing them in action.

"Oh crap, it's late. We better get back to bed.

"Alright then, Toni. Get off my bed" says Johanna, referring to the couch.

"Johanna, it's okay. You can still sleep on the bed. I don't mind" I assure her.

"No, no. It's fine. I like the couch. It's comfortable" she says. She was obviously lying.

"Plus, last time I slept next to you, you were all over me" she jokes. I blush in embarrassment when I remember how I woke up from my dream last night.

"Okay fine" I give in. "But then where's Finnick gonna sleep?"

"Finnick can take the floor" Johanna says with a smirk.

"Hey!" he defends.

"What? I thought you were a gentleman. And besides. You have to go home to your family soon anyways" she reminds him.

"Here, Fin" I toss him a pillow, which he grumpily places on the ground and lays on, making me and Johanna laugh.