Chapter 11: 'fess up

I was done prepping myself.

I wore something nice like what jiyong preferred: a red evening fitted cocktail dress, paired with a simple anchor necklace, with a simple white blazer and classic black pumps. and to top it off, a black clutched bag.

As for my hair, I didn't do much anything.

I let it down on my side. 

for my makeup? I didn't put much either; just a light make-up as usual with a red lipstick.

as I waited for someone to pick me up, I was looking through my Polaroid photos again. 

it was 8:30 sharp, I heard three knocks on the door. 

I hurriedly ran towards the door that I almost tripped as I opened it.

I saw this huge bouquet of flowers in front of me.

then a thought crossed my mind, is this really happening? I thought this happens only in the movies. a guy knocks on your door with a huge bouquet of flowers. 

then I shook my head and pinched myself. *ouch* it hurts. 

then the guy in front of me moved the bouquet of flowers to his side,

"are you ready?" a deep voice said. 

it was TOP.

"oh, TOP. it's you. yeah, I am." I said as I fixed my dress.

he stared at me from head to toe.

"hmm?"

"well, it's nice to see you in this kind of outfit once in a while," he said. 

and he handed me the bouquet.

"Oh, thanks. but I think I'll just leave this here," I said as I went inside and left the bouquet on top of the dining table. 

I turned my back and noticed that top was wearing a suit minus the tie. 

I should have worn something more formal then.

"is my outfit OK?" i asked him out of the blue.

he made a cough sound and said,

"yeah...you're...nice outfit.." he said avoiding eye contact.

"thanks, top."

"you know what, you can call me by my first name. Seung Hyun. TOP sounds kinda awkward." he said, still no eye contact.

"oh..OK..sorry if you felt awkward, TO- I mean Seung Hyun."

"let's go?" he said as he extended his arm.

I nodded and linked my arm on his right arm.

"where are the others, by the way?" I asked.

"waiting at a restaurant." he said.

"oh..."

"I won the rock-paper-scissor game that's why I came alone. they were arguing over who should come and get you that's why we played the game," he explained. 

I let out a laugh,

"I see.."

and so, we rode a taxi.

"ah... Seung Hyun..."

he cleared his throat,

"I still don't have my license..that's why" he said as he got the door for me.