Chapter 12: Fresh start

I turned around to see who it was, it was TOP.

"we've been looking all over for you."

I sighed and tried not to cry.

"can I sit next to you?" he asked.

"whatever." I said as I turned my face away from him.

I pulled myself together.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying. 

he sat down and sighed. 

we didn't talk for at least 10 minutes. 

I was staring blankly at the sky, while TOP was just there, sitting with leg crossed, arms crossed, staring blankly ahead.

then finally he spoke,

"are you calm now?"

I nodded slowly.

"will you listen to our explanation now?"

I didn't answer, he waited. 

then tears were starting to build up in my eyes, I wiped it before it falls on my face.

"I'm tired...can you lend me your shoulder, Seung Hyun?" I asked.

he slightly hesitated,

"uhh..OK..?" he finally said and offered his shoulder.

"for now, let's pretend that I don't know. just for now. maybe when I'm not so tired, I'll listen." I said. 

I leant my head on his shoulders and then tears started to flow again. 

I sighed again,

"I knew this was too good to be true." I said then closed my eyes. 

I guess I fell asleep 'cuz the next thing I knew, I was lying down on my bed. 

I stood up and looked at the mirror. 

I'm still wearing the clothes I wore last night, it has a bloodstain on it. 

then I noticed my right arm had a bandage on. 

my apartment seemed to be quiet, maybe the guys left. 

leaving me with no explanation. 

I guess, it's better this way. 

when I was done freshening up, went out of my room and saw the bouquet of flowers that TOP gave me last night and above it was a white piece of calling-card size paper.

'if you're ready to talk to us, we'll be waiting at the LAX. our flight will be this 2:30 pm. if you don't show up, then, this is goodbye for good.

-Jiyong'

goodbye. the word I hate the most. 

I clenched my fist and placed it on my chest 'coz as I was reading the word 'goodbye', I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my chest. 

I really, REALLY hate the word goodbye. 

I looked at the clock, it was 10:26 am. 

I can still catch them in time. So, I went to the airport with my everyday casual clothes.

I arrived at the airport 11:47. 

I came to see them because I want to listen to their explanation and I don't want to say goodbye to them because deep down, I know we'll see each other again.