Chapter 14: Home

<flight>

I was thinking of the consequences of dating Taeyang.

If we go on public, I'm sure troll fans will kill me.

Then paparazzi's everywhere, interviews... stalkers!

Man! that'll be creepy! I wouldn't want that.

I looked at Taeyang, he was sleeping soundly with his headphones on, our hands linking with each other.

I was listening to some music on my own.

I was smiling.

I couldn't hear any music except for my thoughts; my thoughts about Youngbae, about us, about our future, what'll happen to us...

Will we last long? Will we end up together? Will we get married? Will we have a happy family? Will we grow old together?

Stuff like that was running through my mind. Then I leant on his shoulder.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing..."

"nothing? you've been staring at me for so long and you say nothing?" he said as he chuckled.

"you're so good at pretending to be sleeping.."

he shrugged.

"tell me, what's wrong?" he asked.

"I was just thinking of some of the consequences of becoming your girlfriend."

"hmmm...and what are those?"

"well, there's just one thing that's bugging me... will you publicize our relationship?" I asked.

he smiled,

"I was thinking about it too... and thought about it hard... and I decided not to..."

"why?" I asked meekly.

"I don't think it's the right time... and besides, it's a scary world out there... press... paparazzis... crazed fans..? stalkers... I'm not going to let you go through all that." he said and kissed the back of my hand.

"thank you..." I said as I looked at him.

he looked at me and leant closer to give me a sweet kiss.

I fell asleep and I had a dream.

A dream where I was really happy.

then suddenly it became dark.

I heard a voice calling my full name, not Lizzie... not Liz... but 'Elizabeth'.

In my dream, I got scared.

I looked from left to right and shouted 'where are you' as I was running.

then I saw a light at the end.

I looked further and saw a man standing.

he was just standing there.

then, as I was walking towards him, he started to walk away slowly, step by step by step.

I stopped, 'don't' I said.

then he crouched down.

'no!' I shouted.

I started to run towards him, but I was running through an endless dark tunnel, he was nowhere to be found.

I forcefully opened my eyes, I was still in the airplane.