5|becoming a killer

ALL OF THE TRIBUTES SAT IN A ROOM

ALL OF THE TRIBUTES SAT IN A ROOM. Pearl was inbetween Hunter and the male tribute from District 3.

A woman who was fully covered in clanking light-colored clothes began to approach Hunter. "Give me your arm."

He put his arm out with no hesitation as a needle went into it. The woman moved on to Pearl who was skeptical of the whole thing.

"What is that?" she asked as she reluctantly put her arm out.

It went into her arm, and for a couple of moments there was a flashing red dot in her skin. Pearl was freaked out.

"Your tracker."

The woman moved on to a couple more tributes, before exiting the room. The lights began to go dark. "We're on!"

Pearl, along with all of the other tributes, was escorted out of the room and lead to yet anther room.

The walls were dark and eerie tiles. There was one person awaiting her in the room, and that was Tigris. Pearl immediately experienced deja vu as she remembered the way her and the blonde stylist first met.

Pearl carefully approached Tigris, smiling because she was staring right at the only Capitol citizen she trusted.

Her pupils widened when they saw the open tube at the end of the room. That had to be the tube that would be sending her into the games. Wordlessly, Tigris and Pearl embraced.

Neither of them were letting go.

"Thirty seconds," a robotic female voice spoke.

Tigris's hand rested on Pearl's shoulder as she looked around hopelessly. She had put on a confident mask up until now, but Tigris could tell that she was terrified just like everyone else. Her body was trembling.

"Pearl, this is for you," Tigris whispered as she clasped a small necklace around her neck.

Pearl looked down at the necklace. There was a singular and small pearl hanging from it. It differed from all of the other complex jewelry Tigris had given her. It was simple, and a brief remember of home and who she is.

"Thank you."

Pearl looked down. "I don't want to die, Tigris," she whispered.

"Twenty seconds."

Tigris planted a friendly kiss on her forehead. "You won't. I know you well enough, Pearl. You're determined."

Pearl nodded.

"Just one thing. Once you get out, don't play into Snow's games. Be free."

Pearl wasn't sure what to think of Tigris's warning, but she knew that she had to make her way towards the glass tube. She gave Tigris one more loving look before stepping into her fate.