19|control over his victor

CORIOLANUS SNOW WAS GOING TO HAVE THE ONE THING HE WANTED

CORIOLANUS SNOW WAS GOING TO HAVE THE ONE THING HE WANTED. CONTROL.

That was the one thing he couldn't accomplish with Lucy Gray. He thought he had complete control over her once she was in the arena, and in a way he was right. As soon as Lucy Gray returned to 12, she was quite the opposite.

Coriolanus realized that she was never completely his possession. Many people admired Lucy Gray; how could you not? She had everything you needed. Lucy Gray knew how to perform her way out of any situation with her honey singing voice.

He couldn't control what she did or who she interacted with. Once Lucy Gray found out his true intentions, she didn't obey his wishes. She escaped him.

Now he felt like that again for Pearl. This time his feelings were even more intense. His love was a monster. It grew at every little instance and feeded on its prey.

Coriolanus wouldn't let Pearl get away like Lucy Gray. She was a victor, and her rightful spot was to abide the Capitol's wishes. She needed to be respectful, yet she wasn't. Pearl was anything but that. She shot a trident at the Gamemakers just for attention. He smiled, wondering if it was to catch his attention.

It was simple enough. Coriolanus used Pearl's family as a bait. He had then killed them, and simply twisted his words in order to convince Pearl to sign a contract that would only benefit him. She would have protection for a family that didn't exist. He would have her and everything he desires.

She was currently with Tigris, who happened to be both Pearl's stylist and his cousin. Coriolanus was hesitant to let Pearl near Tigris, because his cousin had a tendency to try and want her of his ways. She was trying to keep Pearl away from him, and he wouldn't have it.

As much as Coriolanus hated to admit it, Tigris bested him in fashion. He saw her as a weak and over-designed girl, but she knew how to make others look pretty.

Pearl's appearance would lock in her in place. It would show the world that she was not a symbol for rebellion, instead she was a symbol of Capitol perfection. It would show how the Capitol and games managed to transform her origins from the district. It would show everyone who belongs to him.

Coriolanus knows he shouldn't take from the districts. It was simply impossible to resist Pearl. It was like she was asking for his attention while she was in the arena, and that made him want her more. She claimed she was going to kill him, but he knew she wouldn't do it. There was something more between them.

Tigris was introduced to dress her in white as usual. Pearl had to be representative of him.

Coriolanus was gagged as he watched the camera showing her stepping out in front of the Capitol audience. She was not wearing white. She was wearing flaming red.