25|gamemaker

SIX MONTHS LATER

SIX MONTHS LATER

The Capitol is buzzing with work and their own celebrations. After all, last year's Hunger Games gave them quite a show. There may never be a tribute like Pearl Bazin again.

President Snow knows that, along with everyone else involved with the games. The Games last year were just perfection in the eyes of the Capitol citizens.

The success of the 15th Hunger Games only encouraged the sick people to support Coriolanus's presidency.

There was a lot of wary talk among the citizens after Coriolanus brought Pearl on stage with him. She kissed him, and it seemed so bizarre. District people even grew jealous, knowing that Pearl got to live in the Capitol for her victory.

They wouldn't be so jealous if they knew what Pearl was really going through. Future victors likely have their hopes up for riches, but they should know better.

Coriolanus didn't give Pearl 'luxury' because of her victory, but he did it because of his lust for her.

Pearl was once a sign for rebellion, but she was silenced after her first public appearance with Coriolanus. She was a pearl sunken beneath rough waves.

There was no news about her until one day. She was announced as the Head Gamemaker of the 16th Hunger Games.

This put so many people into shock. A district girl as a Gamemaker? It felt like a stab in the heart for the citizens of District 4, especially for Mags Flanagan.

Mags watched her rebellious and intelligent victor be corrupted by the president, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Mags had a new set of tributes this year, but they were nothing like the ones last year. None of them were as brave or as funny as Pearl. She hates to admit it, but Mags misses the bickering between Hunter and Pearl on the train ride there.

A small girl and a quiet boy stand next to her as they walk through the Capitol. Pearl should be her mentoring alongside her, but Coriolanus has put her through something way worse than that.

All of the tributes were being escorted to their stylists, and Mags saw someone as she roamed the Capitol hallways.

Pearl.

The once rebellious victor's face dropped in when they made eye contact. Pearl looks different, but also the same. She still has her beautiful blonde locks, but they're longer now. She still has an emerald glow to her eyes.

Pearl stands short, but she is dressed far more elegant than she would have ever dressed at District 4. The Capitol citizens are always overdressed for every single occasion.