20|all yours

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Coriolanus demanded furiously

Pearl was still half asleep and her body was against Coriolanus's. "Hm?" she mumbled.

Her vision was blurry and she was so exhausted. Pearl was quite irritated that Coriolanus was even speaking to her, but especially that he was yelling at her.

Suddenly, his body dramatically shifted. The sheets came off him, and he was almost on top of her. Pearl was startled, her weak body still not fully aware of her surroundings.

But what she could see was that Coriolanus was shirtless. Pearl's eyes widened as she fought the color staining her cheeks. She was fawning over something so childish.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

Pearl had no clue what he was talking about. She was asleep just moments ago, and now she was facing the wrath of Coriolanus Snow.

"I want to go back to sleep, Coriolanus."

"Then tell me why you were saying Apollo's name."

Pearl couldn't believe this was why she was woken up. She tended to sleep talk, especially when she was having nightmares. Coriolanus's suspensions were right in a way.

She wasn't haunted by Apollo or Opal's screams tonight.

Pearl faced Apollo in a similar setting. The arena; except it was more peaceful. Pearl could hear the birds chirping and the sun was shining brightly. She could see the Cornucopia in the distance, but she didn't feel like she was in danger one bit.

"Pearl."

She smiled. Pearl hadn't seen Apollo this happy since he entered the arena. Since he killed Mauve.

"What Hunter said..." Pearl started.

Apollo cut her off. "It's true. I've taken a liking to you, District 4."

Pearl hesitated as Apollo began to move closer with his angelic like features. Until now, she had never considered him in a romantic light. The ruthless Career leader wasn't so ruthless after all.

"What about the games? What about Snow? Only one of us can make it out of here alive."

Apollo chuckled, his hands gently stroking Pearl's cheek. He was warm. "It's all gone. It's just us now."

Then his lips began to touch hers.

And that's when Pearl had awoken to Coriolanus demanding answers from her. It all felt so vivid, and real like it actually happened. But back in reality, Apollo was dead. He may have wanted to live a life like that with her, but it wasn't a possibility anymore. Pearl had never thought about it until now. She could have saved him.