9|falling into the president's hands

PEARL WAS LEFT SPEECHLESS AS SHE LOCKED EYES WITH MAGS FOR THE FIRST TIME

PEARL WAS LEFT SPEECHLESS AS SHE LOCKED EYES WITH MAGS FOR THE FIRST TIME. It was hard to believe that she was the victor of the 15th Hunger Games.

She felt different and unlike herself. When she looked down at her hands, all she could see was red. She was a killer now. She stabbed Dane in the heart and truly stabbed herself too.

When Pearl looked up at the sky, she saw Opal. She saw the District 12 girl with her beautiful curls and smile. They were taken away and erased from existence by the Capitol.

Pearl was a victor- but at what cost?

Ever since she was reaped, she had dreamed of this moment. She dreamed of being let out of the arena and going savage. She planned to attack Snow with every last ounce of adrenaline in her body.

Everything felt different knowing that she was going to really met Snow in about an hour. She felt nervous and sick to her stomach.

Being sent into that arena had changed everything. She was no longer the innocent Pearl Bazin.

Pearl feared Snow even more now. She had insulted him so much in that arena that he must repulse her. That rose in the arena was from him, and so was the heated suit.

Tigris had told her that Snow specifically wanted her to be a stylist for Pearl. Snow knows of Pearl's existence now, and he knows what she has done to possibly spark a rebellion.

Pearl tracked back to reality as she approached Mags. Mags hugged her tightly and Pearl breathed in her sweet ocean scent.

"You did it," Mags whispered.

"I did it," Pearl repeated, trying to stay calm.

Mags looked at her teary forest eyes. She had been through all of this four years ago. She knew what pain Pearl was having and exactly the crisis she was going through.

"You're ok, Pearl."

The next person she saw was Tigris, who was delighted to see her. Something was off about her stylist though. Tigris seemed worried for her, even though Pearl had finally earned her safety.

"I am... I'm so grateful that you made it out of those games alive."

Pearl smiled, seeing that Tigris was still in elegant fashion. She held on tightly to her pearl pendant that had gotten dirtier throughout her travels in the arena.

"I still have your necklace, Tigris. I think it was a good luck charm."

Tigris smiled as she motioned for Pearl to sit down in the white styling chair. Pearl sat down as Tigris looked at her in concern.

"I know I've warned you about him before but..."

Tigris was struggling to speak. "Tigris?"

She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Coriolanus isn't happy, Pearl."