14|cursed lips

PEOPLE WERE BEGINNING TO LEAVE THE CELEBRATION IN THE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE

PEOPLE WERE BEGINNING TO LEAVE THE CELEBRATION IN THE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE. Pearl was eager to exit with her District 4 team.

The Victory Tour was nothing but a reminder of what she had been through and what she had done. It was also just another way to be closer to Snow.

Pearl already had to take deep breaths when he appeared and the crowd went wild. She wondered where he was among the crowd of Capitol citizens.

Pearl didn't feel like herself in all of the makeup she had on. Again, Tigris had done her best work, but it just felt like she was being dolled up for Capitol pleasing.

"I think I want to go," Pearl murmured.

"The whole party is for you. I don't know how they'll feel about you leaving," Mags replied.

Pearl watched people begin to scatter. It was her chance to leave before she had another run-in with Snow. When they were alone, he wouldn't hesitate to tamper with her as he did before.

"So many people are leaving and most of them are wasted. Hardly no one will notice."

Mags just gave into Pearl's antics and nodded. They began to subtly make their way through groups of people enjoying Capitol luxury and sweets.

She believed that she was successful. She had managed to avoids direct contact with Snow, and she had somehow forced her way through this Victory Tour. Pearl managed to put on a show without insulting the Capitol like she did before. The people of Panem respected her to an extent.

Mags suddenly stopped in her tracks, so Pearl did too. She copied her mentor, turning around to face the same direction. Coriolanus Snow stood there, towering over the two District 4 girls.

"Can I borrow Miss Bazin?" Snow asked with a sly smirk.

Pearl's heart began to beat fast. She knew that she was a target of his. A president never cared this much about a tribute; a president would never go out of their way to speak with one of them. This wasn't normal.

She gave Mags pleading eyes, begging her to say no. Once she was in Snow's grasp, the unthinkable could happen.

Mags feared the President herself. She didn't know what would happen if she said no. Mags gave Pearl a look that said I'm sorry.

"Of course, President Snow. I'll meet you outside, Pearl."

Pearl gulped as Mags left her standing in front of Snow. There were still so many people around. He couldn't do anything to harm her.

She flinched when President Snow's hand grabbed hers. "Let's walk, Miss Bazin."

Pearl hated how he addressed her so formally. She hated how his voice pulled her in and made her want to hear more. She hated that just a simple touch from him could send a thousand fearful thoughts through her head.