6|roses and fishing

DAY TWO OF THE GAMES CONSISTED OF UNSETTLING PEACEFULNESS

DAY TWO OF THE GAMES CONSISTED OF UNSETTLING PEACEFULNESS. Pearl was shocked when she made it through the second day in the arena with no blood on her hands at all.

Pearl didn't want to kill anyone else,
even though she knew she would have to kill at least one more person to survive and successfully win the games.

The other Careers were infuriated that they weren't able to find anyone in their hunts. While other Careers hunted, some collected supplies and built up the base in the Cornucopia.

The third day seemed to be going similar. Pearl was standing guard at the Cornucopia when she heard loud shouting in the distance.

She immediately listened to the source of the noise and identified one of the loud voices as Dane. Although he wasn't the leader, he seemed the most bloodthirsty.

"You think you can run from me, huh?"

Dane was chasing after a male tribute. He finally caught up to the boy, who scraped his arm with a sword. Dane yelled, but the pain only made him stronger and angrier.

The boy immediately regretted his decision as Dane threw him to the ground with his bare hands. The boy's sword was ripped from him and Dane stabbed him with it.

Pearl winced as Dane continuously stabbed the boy over and over, yelling coming from both of them the entire time.

Pearl tried to look away, but it was impossible. She had gotten used to the sound of the loud cannon after the blood bath, learning from Apollo that it goes off after a tribute dies.

Dane wiped blood from his mouth as he began to slowly walk through the grass field towards the Cornucopia.

Pearl acted as if she didn't just see him murder the boy. Faye seemed to have no problem with it. She ran to him as soon as he was close enough.

"Who was it?"

"The boy from 6. He thought he was all that, but he was sliced with his own sword," Dane cackled manically.

Both tributes from District 6 were dead. Dane had no sympathy for anyone in the games, and Pearl was convinced that he would kill anyone for fun. He was brutal and unforgiving.

"I'm going to try and fish, can one of you keep guard?" Pearl asked.

Dane still looked at her like she was prey. "Sure."

Pearl nodded and took her homemade fishhooks with her to one of the large bodies of water. Of course, her trident accompanied her too. There was no way she would get caught off guard.

Her hand drifted through the water, letting the coolness refresh her. Tears formed in her eyes, realizing that she was being reminded of her home.

"No matter what you want Snow, I will get home."