Chapter Five. Betrayal and Trust

Inaya prov

In the quiet of the Mir house, my name, 'Inaya,' reverberated, signaling an impending storm. I suddenly stood up from bed to spot what is going on then I hear Miral;
"Inaya have you talk to Fairy about something such as moving to aboard without letting anyone know?"

"What are you talking about, what is going on under this roof?"

"Inaya...., video of you talking with fairy got leaked in which you were speaking with fairy about you want to go abroad"

My heart seemed to halt, a foreboding sign of the turmoil that awaited. Tears welled up as I confessed to Miral, "I tried to keep it hidden... but it all came crashing down. What am I supposed to do now?"

My legs gave way, and I sank onto the bed. Miral rushed to my side, her concern evident in her eyes, her arms enveloping me in a comforting embrace. I shedded into tears with heavy voice telling her" I can never betray you know that right" Miral begin rubbing mine back and with one hand she chin up me to look in her eyes and said "calm down babe nothing is going to happen don't inadequate yourself came down stairs and meet Ama ji you know how much she loves you, you are her Zoya she will understand you. Make her understand give explanation to her"

After a bit I come to mine senses that Ama ji is calling me I get more afraid and scared "no...no, I didn't do anything. I just can't face her" I nodded my head in an no.

Knock on door I hand hold Mirals' hand nervously. Ahad came inside I run to him and hold his hands "you know right, I can never think to betray in back off my family I love everyone you know" while still sobbing.

He wipe tears from cheeks and hug me by saying"shhh....I know you can never and just relax your big bro is always with you. Let's explain others come with me"

I was still shaking in fear but Ahad hold me tightly so I don't lose my balance down stairs in living room everyone was seating I going down I can hear my Mehwish aunties voice clearly " no one believes me. I always said don't give this much freedom to Inaya she is not trust worth but everyone is on her side. Ama ji you will not say anything about your beloved , stubborn grand daughter?" Ama ji fixed a stern gaze on her, revealing a mixture of disappointment and disbelief.

When she got completely ignore by Ama ji she embark on mama as she was also nervous about the situation " Ilham bhabhi (sister in law) you even don't teach your daughter about morals and to respect our traditions look at mine daughters I have teach them how to behave and how to be in limits thats why they never said anything against there families decision, infact you know that how difficult it was for Ama ji to make decision of sending Zahid Bhai( brother in law) to aboard even he is a son of the family, and Inaya doing this in back of us applying visa"

As we entered the living room, tension hung thick in the air, and hushed whispers ceased.I lose mine temper that how can speak to my mama like this and how can she lied when she knows nothing I said "you don't have to interfere when you don't know anything" it's just a time words spelled out of my mouth and my mama stood up and  slapped me Infront of everyone I can feel warm water falling from my eyes continues
"I didn't teach you this Inaya. How can you be like this?" Ahad intervened, questioning, "Mom, what are you doing?" The room held its breath, caught between conflicting emotions.

Ama ji rose and stepped into my path, her silent command for everyone to leave echoing in the room. In middle my aunty again begin to say something "Ama ji..." While Ama ji just stood her hand in air to shut her up.

She takes me to his room. Close the door behind , let me seat beside her.
Confusion and despair clouded my thoughts. What should I do? What should I say?As she grasped my hands, a silent plea for understanding, she urged, 'Look into my eyes, Zoya. That was the movement I can't control anymore I cried into blast by saying "I didn't do that.....I didn't" she cuts me off "I Know you can't do this" after hearing this I look into her eyes that at least she trusts me. Then she asked me "do you want to go abroad?"

"No it was not like that" she again cut me off by saying "Zoya... I just want your answer in an yes or no"

With a hesitant nod, I confessed, "I wanted to, but only for my studies. I promise, my heart belongs here."

She grasped mine hands again, I make eye contact with her, she says " I love you the most Zoya and you know that I don't care what others says but your aims has to be known by your family and now stop crying no one can see you cried. Now just go to your room and rest and forget the rest of the day what else happened"

With a nod and a tight hug, I left her room, retreating to the sanctuary of my own. I lock myself in it as I don't in mood to talk anyone while Ahad came many times to check on me but I neither open door while he and Miral were even continually calling but I also ignored it.