Chapter Ten. Unspoken Inner Struggle

Farman prov

I arrived at the Roy residence in Canada. At least I was happy that Mr Sameer is not home and I don't have to face him. I think in a relief sigh.

Fahad is teasing me relentlessly, while Nimal excitedly shares all the latest gossip. On other hand Rabil Mom pampering me with my favorite food. I noticed Nimra looked upset and retreated upstairs.

I thought to distribute gifts to them which I bought for them.

"This books are for you, Mom." I said while handling her books. The joy can be seen in her eyes.

"Bhai, you still remember Mom loves to read." Nimal said with a smile.

"Of course. I also know you like fragrance and chocolates, also that antique piece for you from Pakistan."

She yell with happiness and hugged me "thank you so much Bhai."

She then excitedly showed off the gifts to everyone. Watching her smile makes me smile to. Maybe that's true I was missing all that things all those 5 years. Hearing Fahad voice I came back to senses.

"Is gifts are just for ladies. Nothing for me?" He said with a pout like a baby.

"Fahad don't act like a baby. Have this." I said while handling him his gift.

"Thank you, big bro." He said.

I inquired, "Where is Nimra?" Mom replied, "She must be in her room."

I shook my head in yes. Then I went upstairs I checked her room but she was not there so then I went to rooftop and coincidentally found her there.

"What are you doing here all alone."

"Oh, so you noticed. I also exist in this house?"

I Know she is always act like this. She is attention seeker but I can't say it's her fault I also go through her situation but at least she has her mom I don't even have this.

"Well, now I am here you can say whatever you like."

"Before leaving do you remember what have you said?"

"Hmm, what I said." I asked her because I didn't recall.

"You said, you will stay in touch. But you didn't Farman." She said with little frustration. I'm hearing her complains just coz I consider her like my sister otherwise I would definitely said 'girls always complain like they are angels.'

"Sorry friend, well I can cover it up. Firstly have this a little gift for you." I hand it over her. Her eyes lit up; she adores gifts, especially luxurious ones.

"OMG, it's superb gorgeous Farman. Can you help me wear this?"

I help her with pendent. "Oh , Farman you know me so much." She said while hugging me I feel uncomfortable so, I maintain some distance.
Then my phone ring. "I have to take this. Meet you later." She shook her head in yes.

I answer the call " Yes Arman."

"You remembered me, Mr.Roy?" I rolled my eyes over his question don't know why everyone like to test my temper.

"Is there something important, Arman?"

He chuckled before saying, "Well, I just wanted to know if you've reached Canada save and sound. How's uncle doing?"

"You know that I am not here for him so I don't know how's he. I neither want to talk about him."

"Okay boss. Talking to you is just a waste of time. How is everyone else if you want to talk about them." He taunt me.

"Everyone is fine." While I change subject by asking him about business. "What about work? Is they replied about the agreement?"

"No, they're quite busy with some of their family events."

"It's absurd how they're neglecting work for trivial matters."

"Farman, not everyone is like you. They value there family." I can feel he rolled this eyes but whatever work is my first priority.

"Whatever try to reach them out ; this agreement is important for business." I told him to stay in touch with it.

"You can try it out in there Canada Branch may we get any response out there." He suggested.

"You know that I'll not join office here."

"Farman, for God sake it's now damn 22 years of your life. Till when are you planning to ignore your father? You know that if you two work together we can reach to the top."

"I can achieve it alone too. Try to workout with it. Bye"

It's easy to say 22 years, but how I spent that damn 22 years all alone without any support of a father. How can I forgive or forget this. When I needed him the most he didn't exist so now I'll not exist for him. It's pretty clear that I'm here only for Rabil Mom and for my siblings not for him. Whether he survives his illness or not is not my concern.

I came out of my thoughts with a knock on door. "Can I come in?"
"Mom, you don't need permission."

"I tried my best over years that your room look the same as you wanted it." She said while looking over room.
She was right my room exactly looks same as it was when I was 15. Yes when I was 15, that's when I last stayed in this room. Later that I always lived in Pakistan or Australia for studies. Even 5 years back when I came to Canada I stayed in an hotel. so it's almost after 10 years that I am back standing in this room.

"Yes, thank you so much. It looks the same decent room."

"Farman, can I request you something?" She said while placing her hand on mine.

"You don't need request, you can just order."

"Please stay with us. We all need you, you know that how non serious Fahad is I am so tense about him, Nimal and Nimra also in need of a big brother whom can support them also me and your dad needs you here. You know what, you and your father are alike." I seen her face curiously  that how can I resemble him. All this years my only try was I don't want to be like him. She continued saying. "He neither express his feeling and you're exactly like him. You both need each other but afraid to show."

"Mom I'm nothing like him. I express my love for whose I genuinely love like you, Nimal , Fahad , Nimra. But he never did. Also I'll be back tomorrow. I have important work to look for." I angrily said while getting up.

Mary (house help) came yelling "ma'm sir!" And stopped.

"What Mary?" I asked in frustration more like shouting on her.

"There is a call from his doctor he informed that he again face a heart attack and they need his family there."

It's like I just have to heard. Don't know why but it ache my heart like crazy. I run towards car to rush out to hospital. I drive carelessly.
"I don't want him to pass away so soon. He has to see, feel from what I go through." I mumble myself.

After reaching I went to front desk asking about him.
"Mr Sameer Roy."

They check and guide me with the room. That's when I saw our family doctor Dr. black . I went towards him asking about. "How is he?"

"He is fine now. But working stress is not good for his health son. You're elder son of him, you are like his strong shoulder. Support him." He said while tapping on shoulder.

I went inside his room coz he's not awake till now. "So, now you need me? Everyone is telling me to be with you Mr Sameer. Why didn't anyone told you this, when I was in need of you." I said with chuckle.

That's when I hear voice of door it was Fahad and mom. How foolish I was. I came without even asking them.

"Farman, you have seen by your eyes now. Don't for him but for Roy interprise you have to stay. That's not only your father's dream it's your's and your great grand father's dream too." She said with tearing eyes. I just left out the room for some fresh air. It's like a lot to take.